ADVERTISEMENT

Be preparred for some negative stuff coming at Auburn. Charles Barkley just stepped in a big pile of shit.....

Breumiacu_AU

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Dec 23, 2020
Please DO NOT turn this into a political subject. Mods if you think this has an ounce of politics in it, please remove this post.

Reactions: crococile22
Charles being Charles. It’s just an opinion shouldn’t be that big of a deal. But you probably right it will turn into something about race yadayadayada

Reactions: Big Blue
This would seem to be a Chuck issue, not an Auburn one. Chuck is used to stepping it occasionally. Always seems to get past it.

Barkley also is his own brand at this point. I figure Tommy’s struggles with the tree branches of government, the basics of World War II and the constitutionally required inauguration date are much more likely to reflect negatively on Auburn and the state of Alabama.

Reactions: Tiger Hoops Guy
This would seem to be a Chuck issue, not an Auburn one. Chuck is used to stepping it occasionally. Always seems to get past it.

Barkley also is his own brand at this point. I figure Tommy’s struggles with the tree branches of government, the basics of World War II and the constitutionally required inauguration date are much more likely to reflect negatively on Auburn and the state of Alabama.

Whelp thread made 4 posts before someone
had to ruin it.

Reactions: Breumiacu_AU
I saw it and wasn't offended. His stated reasoning might be flawed but yeah pro athletes should probably be near the front of the line due to the nature of their profession.

What does this have to do with Auburn?

Settle down.
I think has has been a pretty good ambassador for Auburn. Bo and Frank are also good ambassadors for us. It matters what they say and do. They will always be connected to Auburn.

Please DO NOT turn this into a political subject. Mods if you think this has an ounce of politics in it, please remove this post.

I don't see how it's political in any way. Charles is a maddening conglomeration of funny takes, insightful takes at times, and downright stupid and offensive takes the next time he opens his mouth. Doubt this will surprise or enrage too many folks.

I’d say they should get it first b/c they provide a service to a VERY large group of people. How many doses is needed for all of the NBA players/staff to get two shots? 5,000? 10,000? it is worth it if you ask me. Same. with MLB and NFL. Get them vaccinated and we can be confident that the games can go on.

Reactions: stutsman23
Whelp thread made 4 posts before someone
had to ruin it.
Wasn’t trying to ruin anything or even be partisan. Do an objective comparison on the negative headlines the last few days on Charles vs. Tommy. I’m not commenting on party or policy. Just the PR. It is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT