ADVERTISEMENT

Bass Pro Spanish Ft. Shooting

The officers here are paid more and trained better than most places.
It should be this way everywhere.
Yep.
It’s a weird story, but the most common theory right now is this was a “suicide by cop.” That doesn’t explain the Kevlar vest though.
I was told he was talking crazy when he was contacted. He also said he had a lot of struggles lately and had been up crying all night.

ole 73 normally a big time proponent of our LEOs .... but

The fact they kept trying to taser this nut-job should cost the responding officers their jobs.... or at the very least demotions.

Dude should have been SHOT DEAD AF. Shooting and reloading multiple times and the LEOs waste time with tasers???????

Now, the citizens of AL will get to pay for a trial, and, GUARANTEED this M-EFFER will be released at some point in the future.

The next time he will kill some folks. AND, there WILL be a next time.

SMDH

WDE-

You do realize how much scrutiny cops are under now days, right?

I think taking shooters alive is a good thing. It’s a priority right now as well. The more I find out the more it appears details are being withheld on purpose.
Taking shooters alive a priority?? Already 80 LEO killed in action this year, getting this number way, way down is the priority. Hesitation by a LEO in hostile situations is one of the leading causes of LEO killed in the line of duty.

Taking shooters alive a priority?? Already 80 LEO killed in action this year, getting this number way, way down is the priority.

Yea, I would think if you put yourself in a situation where guns have to be drawn the priority should be on the person doing their job going home that night not the person putting them in that situation.
I have no idea what the stats are but I wonder how many people truck drivers accidentally kill every year. What about doctors? Misjudgments happen. The number of people mistakenly killed by police is actually pretty low considering the number of encounters they have every day.

Yea, I would think if you put yourself in a situation where guns have to be drawn the priority should be on the person doing their job going home that night not the person putting them in that situation.
I have no idea what the stats are but I wonder how many people truck drivers accidentally kill every year. What about doctors? Misjudgments happen. The number of people mistakenly killed by police is actually pretty low considering the number of encounters they have every day.

There's lots of other ways LEOs can significantly F-up your life that don't involve shooting you. Lots of abuse of civil asset forfeiture (people traveling with large amounts of cash for legitimate reasons and the cops take it and keep it) and the army vet who has been in the news recently disabled due to getting blown up by IED. He was traveling to North Carolina with medical MJ which was legal in his State, they made the mistake of stopping in Alabama for gas and now he's sitting in a State prison.

Reactions: Scribe Tiger
There's lots of other ways LEOs can significantly F-up your life that don't involve shooting you. Lots of abuse of civil asset forfeiture (people traveling with large amounts of cash for legitimate reasons and the cops take it and keep it) and the army vet who has been in the news recently disabled due to getting blown up by IED. He was traveling to North Carolina with medical MJ which was legal in his State, they made the mistake of stopping in Alabama for gas and now he's sitting in a State prison.
The police can’t seize your assets unless they can prove it from illegal activity. Also, in the end it’s the local District Attorney that seizes the assets.
If the vet is sitting in a state prison, he had much more than a personal amount of medical marijuana, and most likely a criminal history.

The police can’t seize your assets unless they can prove it from illegal activity. Also, in the end it’s the local District Attorney that seizes the assets.
They don’t have to prove anything in many, if not most, jurisdictions. You have to prove that yore assets were not illegally obtained. And they can seize those assets immediately and dispose of those assets while you fight it out in court.

The police initiate the proceedings and typically seize everything of value that they see during initial processing of the warrant or arrest or traffic stop, with the knowledge that a percentage of the booty will end up in the coffers of the PD. The police seize assets every single hour of every single day without any input from a prosecutor.

Taking shooters alive a priority?? Already 80 LEO killed in action this year, getting this number way, way down is the priority. Hesitation by a LEO in hostile situations is one of the leading causes of LEO killed in the line of duty.

Maybe you should put the badge down for a while. No one is forcing you to be a cop.

There is no margin for error when the state is wielding the power of life and death on its own citizens. I'm not anti-LEO, but there are a lot of cops on duty right now who have no business making those decisions.

Requiring better training and personality screening can hopefully weed out these people and attract better candidates to replace them.

Requiring better training and personality screening can hopefully weed out these people and attract better candidates to replace them.

The most effective solution would be if the citizens decided they were willing to increase police salaries by about double. Then you could draw from a bigger pool. But it is up to citizens to decide if they are willing to do this for the trade off of less police abuse.

The most effective solution would be if the citizens decided they were willing to increase police salaries by about double. Then you could draw from a bigger pool. But it is up to citizens to decide if they are willing to do this for the trade off of less police abuse.

Absolutely true.

Yep.
It’s a weird story, but the most common theory right now is this was a “suicide by cop.” That doesn’t explain the Kevlar vest though.
I was told he was talking crazy when he was contacted. He also said he had a lot of struggles lately and had been up crying all night.

we were in spanish fort with the kids and grandkid. Scared the crap out of us when we heard about it. The news down there today said he was definitely having a break with reality. He's definitely lost it . Thank God no one was killed.

Shouldn’t you be on the Oregon Ducks board? How is Portland this time of year?

I'm no lib, homie. I just demand high quality law enforcement. Like it or not, aiming to minimize police deaths with no regard how it affects total citizen deaths is scared, lazy policing. I'm willing to pony up for the opportunity to run people like that out of law enforcement, or live somewhere where I trust the police to be good at their jobs.

You'll find many people who tend to vote conservative who think like me.

Reactions: BoyAub and Big Blue
If the vet is sitting in a state prison, he had much more than a personal amount of medical marijuana, and most likely a criminal history.

Your point number one is total rubbish. Various local, state and federal agency reps routinely seize cash and private property without any proof of illegal activity. You can educate yourself very easily if you so choose.

As for point #2, Sean Worsley is a disabled veteran who received a purple heart after being blown up by multiple IEDs while deployed in Iraq. The VA deemed he was totally disabled due to the injuries he received in combat. Seems like his combat history should be taken into consideration. He had legally obtained medical marijuana in his home state of Arizona. His primary mistake was stopping in Gordo, AL for gas and complying by allowing the LEO to search his vehicle. You can search out more about this man's story as well if you choose.

Reactions: BeatBama60
Your point number one is total rubbish. Various local, state and federal agency reps routinely seize cash and private property without any proof of illegal activity. You can educate yourself very easily if you so choose.

As for point #2, Sean Worsley is a disabled veteran who received a purple heart after being blown up by multiple IEDs while deployed in Iraq. The VA deemed he was totally disabled due to the injuries he received in combat. Seems like his combat history should be taken into consideration. He had legally obtained medical marijuana in his home state of Arizona. His primary mistake was stopping in Gordo, AL for gas and complying by allowing the LEO to search his vehicle. You can search out more about this man's story as well if you choose.

I did. He got probation until he missed a court date and didn’t make the necessary payments, which is usually the case for everyone if they don’t follow the terms of the probation.

The situation sucks, but the law itself is the thing that needs to change.

Last edited:
Reactions: PocketWatch
You can’t police in a vacuum today. The reprocussions of shooting that man would have made national news. It could have caused an entire city to be unjustly burned and looted. I’m not saying we now have a deterrent because certain situations justify lethal force. The fact that these police found a way to subdue a subject without using lethal force should be promoted and the norm. Shooting the dude if he wasn’t enough of a threat is the antithesis of PROTECTING and serving and just lazy. The solution to make this a more common occurance is a very well funded, well rested, and well trained police force. These guys and 99% of our police should be respected and appreciated for the hard unappreciated work to do every day.

I did. He got probation until he missed a court date and didn’t make the necessary payments, which is usually the case for everyone if they don’t follow the terms of the probation.

I'm not saying the guy is without fault, but the initial arrest set off a chain reaction of events that has basically ruined this man and his family. If the guy had come from a more affluent family and could have afforded competent legal counsel from the start it likely would have had a much different outcome.

I'm not saying the guy is without fault, but the initial arrest set off a chain reaction of events that has basically ruined this man and his family. If the guy had come from a more affluent family and could have afforded competent legal counsel from the start it likely would have had a much different outcome.

To me, it’s like gun ownership. If you’re going to travel with weed, you have to be cognizant of the law in every state you’re going through. Back when I used CBD to wean off anxiety medication, I did a ton of research just before going from Alabama to Florida.

Agreed that he should have retained some type of legal council from the beginning. Many attorneys will work with people on payments. I can’t imagine that most people in Pickens County are flush with cash.

You have to prove it is not from illegal activity.Its a bs law.

ViewImageFull.aspx

I'm no lib, homie. I just demand high quality law enforcement. Like it or not, aiming to minimize police deaths with no regard how it affects total citizen deaths is scared, lazy policing. I'm willing to pony up for the opportunity to run people like that out of law enforcement, or live somewhere where I trust the police to be good at their jobs.

You'll find many people who tend to vote conservative who think like me.
I can't think of anyone I know who approves or appreciates anyone whom abuses power. In fact,lets have all people in a position of power wear a body cam while at work. But if it's about saving lives, if everyone would just comply with leo, we would have 2 times as many people killed by shark attacks each year than by a leo...problem solved.

I can't think of anyone I know who approves or appreciates anyone whom abuses power. In fact,lets have all people in a position of power wear a body cam while at work. But if it's about saving lives, if everyone would just comply with leo, we would have 2 times as many people killed by shark attacks each year than by a leo...problem solved.
I ain't familiar wit dis story. Did he hit anyone and wuz he aiming at peeeepel or juzt shooting the store up at randum?

Not only did he miss his court date he got arrested again with marijuana without a medical card. Probably should not do illegal drugs while on probation.

Reactions: stutsman23
I ain't familiar wit dis story. Did he hit anyone and wuz he aiming at peeeepel or juzt shooting the store up at randum?
He fired a bunch of rounds in the air and some into the building. I don't think he was aiming at anyone in particular, but I'm not sure anyone knows what was going through his head at the time. I would think he would've made entry into the business prior to starting the shooting spree if he was intent on killing a large number of citizens.

A Bunker legend was/is the judge involved in this case.

Also, people both inside and outside the system are trying to help this guy. And yes, his criminal record is having a negative impact on the disposition of this case.

You can’t police in a vacuum today. The reprocussions of shooting that man would have made national news. It could have caused an entire city to be unjustly burned and looted. I’m not saying we now have a deterrent because certain situations justify lethal force. The fact that these police found a way to subdue a subject without using lethal force should be promoted and the norm. Shooting the dude if he wasn’t enough of a threat is the antithesis of PROTECTING and serving and just lazy. The solution to make this a more common occurance is a very well funded, well rested, and well trained police force. These guys and 99% of our police should be respected and appreciated for the hard unappreciated work to do every day.
I am a little surprised that someone(civilian or employee), didn't fire back at him before the Police arrived. Bass Pro Shop probably sees a lot of legally armed customers everyday. There is also a store full of guns and ammo. I am personally glad the situation turned out like it did. No injuries.

I am a little surprised that someone(civilian or employee), didn't fire back at him before the Police arrived. Bass Pro Shop probably sees a lot of legally armed customers everyday. There is also a store full of guns and ammo. I am personally glad the situation turned out like it did. No injuries.
Grate point CAT DADDY!

Reactions: stutsman23
You’re right. Ive also wondered if the guys behind the gun counter loaded up and were ready for him if he got in the building. That’s what I would do in that situation.

The guns and ammo are located about as far away from the service dept. entrance as you can get in that store. There’s also likely a 24-7 police presence in that shopping center.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT