ADVERTISEMENT

Bad Cop, No Donut

Is it news to you that it requires less force to knock over and elderly individual?
Is it news to you that that old bastard shouldn’t have been walking towards cops when they were telling him to back away?

No he shouldn’t have. It does not justify the officer’s pitiful reaction. But I know it won’t matter to you stubborn old men like you until it’s you it your family that’s on the ground bleeding and unconscious.
I’m 36 yo partner

Actually, legally speaking, it is, if QI didn't exist. If I walk up to a person and push them out of the way, and they fall and break their neck, that's on me.
They had every right to push him back. They don’t know his intent. He could have a knife.

these cops are being put in some really hard situations. not a big fan of pushing the old guy but he wasn't giving them a whole lot of choice.
Of course they had a choice. There were about 100 cops, all it took was one of them to pull this guy over to the side and give him a choice - walk away quietly or I take you away in cuffs. He wasn’t a threat. If you can’t think clearly in a stressful situation your sure af should not be a cop. De-escalation should be the first option, not freaking force. How is this so hard to understand?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT