ADVERTISEMENT

Bad Cop, No Donut

SigBitty

All-American
Sep 9, 2019
Phoenix
LDN-L-PROTEST-DOWNTOWN-0603-32-SR-1.jpg

"As we were being boxed in on Broadway & 5th Street to be arrested, LAPD decided that a completely unarmed homeless man in a wheelchair that had nothing to do with our protest was somehow a threat. They proceeded to inappropriately shoot non-lethal rounds directly at his face, which is against proper procedure for firing rubber bullets."

Reactions: kenews
The old man walked towards police as they told him to back away. Got what he deserved

Reactions: aler
"Just to lighten the mood...favorite restaurant as a kid"
"Update on protest in Huntsville..."
"Hydroxychloroquine back in the news"
"Daniel Tiger's mom"

Did you post in these as well? Or are you just offended?

I’ve only read one of those threads. I’m just saying that this is the type of post that typically gets moved to Dear Diary.

"As we were being boxed in on Broadway & 5th Street to be arrested, LAPD decided that a completely unarmed homeless man in a wheelchair that had nothing to do with our protest was somehow a threat. They proceeded to inappropriately shoot non-lethal rounds directly at his face, which is against proper procedure for firing rubber bullets."

I know this is not the response you want but everyone one of the protesters caused this. Go home and don't encourage others to confront the police. It is not worth is. Hell MN has decided to disband their police and almost all precincts will be undergoing more scrutiny. Staying out there every day is just going to lead to confrontation and there are people who are trying to help getting caught in the fight.

They didn’t shove him very hard, just tried to push him away. Not their fault he was uncoordinated.

Agreed, but he didn't get what he deserved. No one deserves to accidentally slam the back of their head on concrete for confronting a cop at a protest. They deserve a shove, perhaps an arrest, but not a brain injury.

I know this is not the response you want but everyone one of the protesters caused this. Go home and don't encourage others to confront the police. It is not worth is. Hell MN has decided to disband their police and almost all precincts will be undergoing more scrutiny. Staying out there every day is just going to lead to confrontation and there are people who are trying to help getting caught in the fight.
How does the homeless man go home?

Agreed, but he didn't get what he deserved. No one deserves to accidentally slam the back of their head on concrete for confronting a cop at a protest. They deserve a shove, perhaps an arrest, but not a brain injury.
Of course he didn’t deserve that, but you can’t be laying hands on police during a stressful situation.

How does the homeless man go home?
No protestors no cops. Then no rubber bullets and they did not walk up to him and shoot him in the face with a rubber bullet. Also the gentleman who got pushed out of the way was wrong also. The same action would have happened if he did it to you on the street. The people need to go home and work on what they want done and not just keep yelling. It is counter productive.

Of course he didn’t deserve that, but you can’t be laying hands on police during a stressful situation.

Yep, it just sucks for him. It goes to show how even non-lethal force can become lethal with just a little misfortune. I don't know if I'd protest without a tactical helmet considering how many head injuries there seem to have been at these things.

There was the other angle which has been deleted by the protester who took is that shows the cops and the protesters fighting in front and these guys are on their way. The poor old man may not have even heard anything going on and just was trying to explain to the cop what the problem is.

No you can’t. The man made a poor decision. But the response by the officer was an unnecessary use of force.
I think it is not as much as it looks like. The thing is he is an old man and it don't take much.

I agree they meant no harm it was a freak accident and he got unlucky. I hope he recovers fully, then they charge him

This is deem8 level reporting. You are better than that. From one picture of police pushing a bloody man in a wheelchair and from a quote from a rioter who obviously is there because he doesn’t like police, it is assumed as certain that the police just decided to shoot an innocent man in a wheelchair in the face. Nobody knows if this is true at all but it’s written and shared as if it is. It’s sad the agenda of some and it’s sad what social media and media in general is doing to this country

If only there was a separate board for your $hitty political hot takes.

Yep, it just sucks for him. It goes to show how even non-lethal force can become lethal with just a little misfortune. I don't know if I'd protest without a tactical helmet considering how many head injuries there seem to have been at these things.

it's safe to say a protest is not a safe environment for ouldes with no balance regardless of whether they get involved with the cops or not

Assumed by you. The quote came from the photographer, so yes its true. Its sad the mental hurdles some will go through just to uphold their preconceived notions.
Where is the video of this? Or the photo of the cops shooting this homeless man? Has to be one.

You are an angry little fella

Assumed by you. The quote came from the photographer, so yes its true. Its sad the mental hurdles some will go through just to uphold their preconceived notions.
I didn’t assume anything. I have no idea what happened and neither do you. And how many lies and twists of the truth have you seen by people, media, etc? You think just because this photographer got a picture and put a quote with it that makes it fact?? Maybe he was accidentally hit, maybe he was hit by something else altogether. Who knows. But to post it as it’s a fact is sad.

Where is the video of this? Or the photo of the cops shooting this homeless man? Has to be one.
Exactly. I seem to remember all this “it’s 2020, has to be video” stuff yesterday.
That's a very convenient way for you to never believe anything that you don't want to believe. You've been trained well.
And yet you believe everything you read from liberal media?? And not only believe it, you pass it on as absolute fact. Aren’t you a lawyer? Geez. And you may not be a lawyer but you have to understand the difference in a possible story and a 100% fact.

LOL, liberal media? To you, anything that isn't InfoWars or FoxNews is liberal media.
I’ve never been on infowars in my life. And I don’t watch Fox News either. But I do have a brain and I do know the difference in a picture and an opinion and the truth or the possibility that something isn’t the truth. If this photographer saw it all happen why is there only a picture of a policeman peacefully wheeling this guy away to safety? Or I guess we can assume that he was actually taking him around the corner to dump him out of his chair and kick the crap out of him?

I'm sorry. It is quite controversial to say that cops harming civilians is bad. I did not mean to offend your delicate sensibilities.
Perhaps if they weren't surrounded by complete chaos, looting, fires, riots and on edge of injuries or losing their lives, it would decrease the odds of mistakes like this getting made.

You're right, it is quite difficult to not shoot homeless men in wheelchairs or shove old men violently to the ground.
And you would know because you're right there in the mix putting your life on the line dealing with the riots and looting.
Oh wait, no you wouldn't because you're a keyboard warrior with 20/20 hindsight. Carry on with your 'cops are bad' agenda though.

They didn’t shove him very hard, just tried to push him away. Not their fault he was uncoordinated.

Actually, legally speaking, it is, if QI didn't exist. If I walk up to a person and push them out of the way, and they fall and break their neck, that's on me.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT