ADVERTISEMENT

Axelrod says Biden’s campaign is in trouble after strong 4th place finish...

who_called_the_Wolf

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2015
In my den
Biden has a big problem,” Axelrod said. “His campaign manager some time ago said they would be viable in 59% of the state, they expected to do much better and the big problem he has is not only the deficiencies that showed in his appeal, but he is dead broke and he needs to raise money. It’s hard to raise money off of an anemic fourth place finish. He needs to revive himself in New Hampshire or this firewall that everybody talks about in South Carolina may not just be there for him.”

Fellow panelist Henderson agreed and noted that some of Biden’s African-American supporters may abandon him if he stumbles again in New Hampshire.

“They sunk a lot of money into Iowa. They were telling people two or three weeks ago that they felt they would come in the top one or two or so and that obviously didn’t happen,” she said of the Biden campaign. “He likes to crow about polls, polls that show him beating Donald Trump, polls that show him viable in South Carolina, winning in South Carolina, doing well among black voters. I’ve been texting with some nervous black Democrats in the South. Do you want to have a candidate whose whole rationale is ‘I can do well in these states down the line and not do well in states like Iowa’?”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News