ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn's Next Coach

speakeroftruth1

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2016
I have seen so much nonsense be posted here time and time again about Deion Sanders, Urban Meyer, Mario Cristobal and so on and so fourth. None are reasonable and none will happen. Each for their own reason.

There is absolutely no reason that the next coach has to have the following(if he does that is fine but not a requirement)

1. Power 5 experience
2. Head Coaching experience
3. A big name
4. Ties directly to Auburn

Auburn, needs to take a little time and go out and find a guy that has a PLAN as to how to get Auburn University back to relevance in the SEC West which will in turn mean nationally.

1. He needs to have a plan on how to recruit against Alabama & Georgia in those states, how to recruit North Florida & how to cherry pick the rest of Central & South Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee and the Carolinas.

2. How to get back involved with the high schools in the state and the ones in Columbus, LaGrange etc.

3. How he will unify the fan base and get the boosters behind his plan and get our NIL up there on par with top tier schools.

4. He needs to have a plan on how he will handle the transfer portal.

5. He needs to have a plan on who he will hire as coaches that will assist him in doing all of the above. A mix of top level coordinators & recruiters.

There are plenty of kids in Alabama, West & South Georgia & North Florida to build a nucleus of championship football. Hell, there are 59 four star players in Alabama & Georgia alone and Alabama & Georgia have 14 of those 59 committed so far. Not only get 4 & 5 stars, get kids that Auburn means something too. Kids that have grown up wanting to play for Auburn. Even if they may not be a 4 or 5 star

6. I do believe he needs to have ties to the SEC in the past 5 to 7 years but not a deal breaker.

I just don't think we HAVE to have some big splash hire. I think we need someone with a vision, a plan and a want to win at Auburn University. That coach is out there. Is it someone with a big name? Maybe. Is it an SEC coordinator or lifetime assistant? Maybe as well.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.