ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn Football at a Crossroads...again

MetallicAub

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
There is something I have always tried to avoid in my career and that is being a problem identifier.
If you are going to call something out as a problem...you have to have a solution to back up your complaint.
For Auburn football I see so many problems today, problems in the short term future and only one way to solve it.

Today's problem
- there is not an SEC QB on this roster, not one
Short Term problems -
- We don't have an SEC caliber QB committed for 2025 (I know JGT is confident on Deuce)
- We risk losing a portion of a very good recruiting class due to on field results in 2024
- We risk losing some important core players on campus due to on field results in 2024

Solutions
- There are no in season solutions that I can think of at this time

This is starting to feel like a car crash you know is about to happen but there is no way to stop it.
The current system of CFB has allowed for rosters to be remade quickly but the other side of that is they are capable of being destroyed quickly as well.
The players like Hugh, they like the money Auburn is paying them but the question is Hugh capable of holding on to current players while holding onto the current recruiting class and finding a QB in the portal that can save his job in 2025?
I don't know the answer to this...the way the QB position was handled going in 2024 makes me skeptical HF and staff can figure it out in 2025 but that is the only way Auburn football gets fixed and Freeze avoids getting fired next fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.