ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Auburn announces Blake Rivera signing...

BryanMatthews

ANIMATED GIF MASTER
Staff
May 9, 2014
Auburn, AL
auburn.rivals.com
Auburn is announcing its baseball class three per week over the next several weeks. They announced Garrett Wade Monday. Here's the second one and here's a link to my story on the class...

With the early signing period coming to an end Wednesday, Auburn baseball and head coach Butch Thompson announce right-handed pitcher Blake Rivera as the second member of the 2018 signing class.

“This class puts continued meaning in our commitment to pitch and play defense at the highest level,” Thompson said. “We feel that we have signed the top junior college pitcher and high school pitchers in our state.”

The next member of the Tigers’ class will be announced Friday.

Bio Blast

Plays at Wallace State Community College for coach Randy Putnam … made 12 appearances and went 7-1 with a 1.94 ERA as a freshman … struck out 72 batters in 55.2 innings pitched … helped lead the team to a 46-13 record and an Alabama Community College Conference (ACCC) North Division Championship … named a member of the All-ACCC First Team … was selected by the San Francisco Giants in the 32nd round of the 2017 MLB Draft … played high school at Smiths Station for coach Michael Perry … led his team to the 2015 AHSAA State Championship … was named his high school’s pitcher of the year as a sophomore … was ranked the No. 9 right-hander and No. 27 overall player in Alabama by Perfect Game … son of Scooter Rivera and Kerrie Edmonds … has one sibling, Rayyen Hamby (21).

Q&A with AuburnTigers.com

AuburnTigers.com: What can you say about the Auburn coaching staff?

Blake Rivera: The coaching staff at Auburn has been great through my recruitment process. They have showed me that they really want me to be a part of this program.

AT:
What do you want to accomplish between now and getting to campus?

BR: I want to continue to work hard and get better at what I do so I can help out as much as I am able to when I get to Auburn.

AT: What is your favorite thing about baseball?

BR: My favorite thing about baseball is pitching, for sure. I always feel like I’m in control, and I like to have the pressure on me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News