*******AU vs. UT Official Score Prediction Thread******

mwf0001

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2015
Oklahoma
Spread: AU -16.5
Game Time: 11:00am CST

Showdown of the boogs vs. the hated Pruitts from Knoxville. A loss could send AU's season spiraling completely out of control. A win could put the team back on track to gain positive momentum in the weeks ahead going in to November.

Pruitt has generally been pretty solid vs. Malzahn coached offenses, but that was with much more superior talent at his other stops as an OC than what he has in this UT team. AU showed positive progress offensively in every category, except on the score board due to a few minor/major (depending on how you look at it) mistakes, last weekend in the second half vs. State.

Will this team be galvanized by that heartbreaking loss and work together to get back on track OR will the offense continue to sputter causing the defense to break down? This team seems to have great leaders, senior leaders, especially on defense and in the WR core. Stidham and Gus have seemingly stepped up/owned up publicly to their shortcomings over the first half the season this week. Those things typically tend to cool any team chemistry issues that may or may not be occurring. A win could go a long way as well in that area.

My prediction: I feel like AU will try to hit a deep pass early to set the tone for the game, and, unlike in the past few weeks, will connect. This will put Auburn ahead of the 8 ball early. I expect a much better game from Stidham overall. UT will be able to slow AUs run game early, but I look for AU to shift the focus to the quick passing/screen game to open up the perimeter running game, and a return of the slants and back shoulder throws that we saw earlier in the year against this young UT secondary. As a result, AU will build on their early lead, and in the second half, will be able to run the ball more effectively than in weeks past (potentially sparked by a Malik Willis package?), going against the Pruitt/Gus narrative. I feel playing early will work to AUs advantage in this game, against going against the narrative there as well. Afterall, this team ain't coached by Tubs. On the other side of the ball, we saw after the LSU loss and a poor performance, CKS turned up the heat on Ark. I expect much of the same in this game. I believe CKS will call a crap ton of blitzes and the defense will be sparked by a better outing by the Offense.

Call me a homer (I really don't give a sh!t), but I feel like AU is finally going to look like AU. I know I'm in a boat all my own on this one. Maybe @ricedp105 feels similarly. Flame on, bunk!

AU 36
UT 12

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.