ADVERTISEMENT

Atlanta Mayor is not as bright as she thinks she is...

Well, regardless of anyone's opinion of her, she most definitely has her hands full now, if she didn't before.

Reactions: Powerman26
The murder charge is political, but if you’ll walk off the job as an officer, you really don’t belong there in the first place.

LOL, at anyone thinking its an american right to have police protection, and then in the same breath protesting to defund the police. Its liek the police are only ok, when you need them.

The murder charge is political, but if you’ll walk off the job as an officer, you really don’t belong there in the first place.

It’s actually a very hard circumstance to reconcile with. If a police officer believes in what he is doing, and it’s his time to work, he should continue to work to do the very thing he believes in, no matter the outside circumstance.

However outside circumstance forces the officers to fight for what they believe in for serving and protecting in the first place.

Reactions: Robino26 and AUJMac
It’s actually a very hard circumstance to reconcile with. If a police officer believes in what he is doing, and it’s his time to work, he should continue to work to do the very thing he believes in, no matter the outside circumstance.

However outside circumstance forces the officers to fight for what they believe in for serving and protecting in the first place.

In my brain, it’s just not worth it to be a police officer right now. It has always been an incredibly dangerous job, but when faced with a dicey situation in the current environment, you basically have to take a bullet or be charged with murder. There is apparently zero middle ground. Not worth it for the 30-50k they’re being paid.

You are smarter than that despite this post. Murder charge was shock and awe I can agree. But these officers just had their leadership turn their back on them and it could cost them their lives. I’m proud of these officers.

APD is 58% Black, and if you take out Zone 2 on the north side, it’s closer to 68%. These men and women are afraid in their own neighborhoods because they were betrayed by politics. That is the unacceptable.

I would only add that it’s possible for the policeman to still want to be a policeman - just not there or not under the current administration.

They feel alone, abandoned and betrayed. I don’t blame them.

I thought she was impressive during the marches, riots, lootings and burnings. But she lost ground today.
She crashed and burned all damn week. Exhibit A that real leadership is not about looking good or sounding smart at a mic. Intelligent decision making defines real leaders. She was on her way up, no doubt....but she will never recover from this.

But I’d give anything for Biden to pick her as his VP running mate....

How could you possibly go to work when you know that you might be charged with a crime that carries the death penalty for following the training you received while doing your job?

I feel for the dispatchers working tonight and the citizens who are being abandoned by weak leadership in the mayors and DAs office.

Didn’t the people of Atlanta vote for her?? Then whatever she does and the consequences of her actions they asked for just like the people of Seattle.

Reactions: Pachuta20
There is a very strange situation going on in our country right now. People are protesting because they believe that their is racism in every corner of our society and people are out to get them. They say because they believe it to be true it is okay and protesting is fine. Thing is you can not find one person who thinks racism is ok,

Now the police who are under attack are vilified beyond anything most of us can comprehend. The same people who say don't tell me what is my experience as a black man want to say they know what all police are thinking. Black lives matter and other race organizations are using their platform to get themselves rich and not worrying about the people. So what is right when the officer is black and he is vilified by everyone as hating his race. Just has to stop.

Last edited:
There is a very strange situation going on in our country right now. People are protesting because they believe that their is racism in every corner of our society and people are out to get them. They say because they believe it to be true it is okay and protesting is fine. Thing is you can not find one person who thinks racism is ok,

Now the police who are under attack are vilified beyond anything most of us can comprehend. The same people who say don't tell me what is my experience as a black man want to say they know what all police are thinking. Black lives matter and other race organizations are using their platform to get themselves rich and not worrying about the people. So what is right when the officer is black and he is vilified by everyone as hating his race. Just has to stop.
Yeah I’m pretty sure you can find plenty of people are ok with racism and there’s even more that say it’s not ok, yet are racists. And that goes for all people. Fact of the matter the numbers show that there’s racism in the way we handle justice. Whether you want to say it’s more about class, it doesn’t matter. That isn’t justice.

I also disagree that the police or more vilified than anyone can imagine. Because most people just have a problem with the bad police officers. But if some guys are willing to call out or walk off the job, it says a lot about their lack of character and dedication to the oath they took. Plain and simple.

Yeah I’m pretty sure you can find plenty of people are ok with racism and there’s even more that say it’s not ok, yet are racists. And that goes for all people. Fact of the matter the numbers show that there’s racism in the way we handle justice. Whether you want to say it’s more about class, it doesn’t matter. That isn’t justice.

I also disagree that the police or more vilified than anyone can imagine. Because most people just have a problem with the bad police officers. But if some guys are willing to call out or walk off the job, it says a lot about their lack of character and dedication to the oath they took. Plain and simple.

yeah you are just flat out wrong on the police here.

How could you possibly go to work when you know that you might be charged with a crime that carries the death penalty for following the training you received while doing your job?

I feel for the dispatchers working tonight and the citizens who are being abandoned by weak leadership in the mayors and DAs office.
You have to do it. You took an oath to protect and serve. I didn’t think that was a bad shooting. The guy fought him and tried to use his weapon against him, I don’t know about the shooting in the back, but that shouldn’t be beyond a manslaughter charge. So I get the frustration, but officers have a very serious duty and they have to take their responsibility seriously. They made a commitment.

What numbers show that there is racism in every way justice is handled? Sorry if I missed in another thread or conversation. I’ve been busy in my own bubble and I’m coming into the conversation a bit late.

Reactions: hooter80
You have to do it. You took an oath to protect and serve. I didn’t think that was a bad shooting. The guy fought him and tried to use his weapon against him, I don’t know about the shooting in the back, but that shouldn’t be beyond a manslaughter charge. So I get the frustration, but officers have a very serious duty and they have to take their responsibility seriously. They made a commitment.
Lol ignorance is bliss

What numbers show that there is racism in every way justice is handled? Sorry if I missed in another thread or conversation. I’ve been busy in my own bubble and I’m coming into the conversation a bit late.
They’ve done tons of studies on this. Imo it’s the greatest racial issue in this country. This article not only highlights some of those issues, it talks about the vast amount of studies, it’s an opinion piece, but I chose it because it has sources and discusses the volume of studies: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...g-racial-disparities-criminal-justice-system/

Reactions: Thrill and Bassman
I wish they'd all walk off and see how long it takes for the most defiant offer raises and incentives for them to return. They don't deserve the target that's been placed on their back.
That’s just a sad way to look at it. No one should be above the law, including the police. No one should be unjustly accused either, including the police, but I think people are exaggerating the police treatment. Even though I think the Atlanta officer was overcharged, this isn’t the first time an officer was charged with murder for shooting a man in the back as they ran away. See the Walter Scott case.

They’ve done tons of studies on this. Imo it’s the greatest racial issue in this country. This article not only highlights some of those issues, it talks about the vast amount of studies, it’s an opinion piece, but I chose it because it has sources and discusses the volume of studies: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...g-racial-disparities-criminal-justice-system/
Opinions are just that. They’re slanted to the writers side. Facts are that 90% of our country’s media is unashamedly left right now.

Here’s facts

ADVERTISEMENT