ADVERTISEMENT

Asking for your opinion on Covid

AU_Panther

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
A relative of mine was exposed to a person that tested positive. However, they themselves have tested negative twice since exposure to them and are isolating themselves. The doctor recommends that they are retested, again, on Saturday.

My question is, should I be around this person, until another negative test or is it going to be safe? Everyone in my house is vaccinated, except my toddler.

I am about to look at the odds, but I honestly think it's pretty safe - we'll mask up, of course.

I realize I should ask a professional, but many of you are and may have had a similar dilemma.

A relative of mine was exposed to a person that tested positive. However, they themselves have tested negative twice since exposure to them and are isolating themselves. The doctor recommends that they are retested, again, on Saturday.

My question is, should I be around this person, until another negative test or is it going to be safe? Everyone in my house is vaccinated, except my toddler.

I am about to look at the odds, but I honestly think it's pretty safe - we'll mask up, of course.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Especially if your relative has no symptoms.

Reactions: Genesis1one

I realize I should ask a professional, but many of you are and may have had a similar dilemma.
Legit question and concerns... if I'm in yore exact position I wouldn't hesitate to "be around" the person in question. I'd likely take the same precautions you mentioned.

But anyone who tells you they "KNOW" for sure, just ignore since no one KNOWS much of anything about this virus, the vaccines, transmission or guidelines.

God's blessings to you and yore family.

JW

Probably fine if you’re vaccinated and wearing a real mask but is it absolutely necessary to see this person before Saturday? Also, this person may want antibody test if he or she isn’t positive Saturday. That is if he had real contact with infected person. This is how my brother found out he had Covid previously (kept testing negative then did antibody test).

Would also recommend not seeing this person if this is going to be indoors. Sounds like the first virus would require about 15 minutes of exposure to take hold, and this delta variant takes much less.

When did they come in contact. The virus is able to spread 2 days prior to symptoms and 5 days after they start. That is a main reason why it has spread. Its able to spread before you know you are sick.

I would say if you mask up I wouldn't be all that worried. Just be aware that you can still get covid and have symptoms. Should keep you from anything beyond mild symptoms.

weight pros and cons and move from there.

I'd probably wait or meet with them outdoors rather than indoors.

Reactions: AU_Panther
So the CDC guidance on a vaccinated person is, if they were exposed to Covid, they should get tested within 3-5 days of exposure. They should wear a mask for 14 days, while indoors, or until a negative test result.

ADVERTISEMENT