ADVERTISEMENT

Any WW2 memorabilia collectors here?

AirmanTiger

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2001
The other day, my dad gave me an old album/scrapbook that my great uncle brought home from Germany after WW2. Said to do whatever I wanted with it. Since the vast majority of it is Nazi stuff, I'm not really interested in keeping much of it. There's probably 1000-1500 unused Hitler stamps of several denominations The majority are in full, uncut sheets in good/great condition. Only issue is they are all stuck to the album pages. There's a lot of what look like propoganda/recruiting pictures and leaflets from the late 1930s. Some type of stamp booklet that says "Volkischer Beobachter". There's a green armband (I think that's what it is) that says "Reichsbahn". Some type of pamphlet that says "Gutschein fur ein Buch der Bewegung". A lot of small postcard-like pictures that depict German troops and military. Also some type of denomination stamps that says "Abruf-Brotfarte".

Not sure if I should just try to pawn it off, or maybe there's a local (Auburn-Columbus) museum or collection I could donate it to. Any suggestions?

Reactions: jabell57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.