ADVERTISEMENT

Any other Covid long haulers on the bunker?

rickmm

All-American
Nov 29, 2008
Anyone else got Covid and had symptoms for over 6 months or longer?

joker-the-dark-knight.gif

My middle brother (non a bunkerer) is in a UAB long haul program. He’s got it bad.
Sorry to hear that. Is he improving? Only thing that has helped me is low inflammation diet and a bunch of supplements. They sound like they are starting to do some studies on antivirals and long Covid. Hopefully they speed it up

Sorry to hear that. Is he improving? Only thing that has helped me is low inflammation diet and a bunch of supplements. They sound like they are starting to do some studies on antivirals and long Covid. Hopefully they speed it up
We joke with him that Covid saved his life. He’s lost 50 LBs because he has to eat a super clean diet to keep the inflammation down. Red meat taste like ass and wine like gas… among many other foods. It’s crazy.

I hope you get yours under control.

We joke with him that Covid saved his life. He’s lost 50 LBs because he has to eat a super clean diet to keep the inflammation down. Red meat taste like ass and wine like gas… among many other foods. It’s crazy.

Ya I was already light but have lost another 15-20lbs now I’m like 150

My sister is going through the same thing with tastes. It’s been tough on her. She’s not in the uab program though

Yep, smell still compromised. Lemon & limes smell spoiled, smoke smell is strong and weird. Soap including hand soap smells spoiled if that makes sense. My sense of smell of course affects my taste but i would rank my taste at 80%. Some days worse than others. Friend of mine spent 3 months in hospital and was touch and go for a week or so. He never experienced any taste or smell issues. Weird weird virus

I know a few people who’s smell and taste has been jacked up for at least 6 months

Now as far as actually feeling bad or anything? No they are fine and weren’t that sick when they had it

I had cognitive issues for a few months. I couldn’t think clearly and was really forgetting a lot of stuff that I usually don’t. That is gone now but it was frustrating.

My sister is going through the same thing with tastes. It’s been tough on her. She’s not in the uab program though

Do they have them taking zinc?

Big reason people lose taste/smell with covid is because the body goes deficient fighting off the cytokine storm caused by covid. If supplies aren't replenished, it can be a long time issue. But loss of taste and smell has long been known as a sign of deficiency.

Some trials out there exploring that correlation with covid since it's a telltale sign.

I also know someone who’s wife says she thinks the vaccine messed up her cycle. Healthy and in her 30’s. No change in birth control or anything. After getting vaccinated she says she would go 17 days and start her period and the next one 45 days. Been all erratic and whatnot. She says only thing she can think of his the vaccine because that’s when it started

Had it last fall. Smell and taste still jacked up. Haven't smelled a fart in so long. Have know idea what I'm dealing out on a daily basis.

Reactions: Maer Mixalot
I had cognitive issues for a few months. I couldn’t think clearly and was really forgetting a lot of stuff that I usually don’t. That is gone now but it was frustrating.

See above post...short term memory issues are another sign of zinc deficiency.

Really is interesting that simple things like zinc, vit D haven't been pushed harder when they're related to literally every virus....ever. And with one that causes such a storm that covid does....the body fights hard and goes extremely deficient really quickly in those.

Reactions: WarEagle2727
I know a few people who’s smell and taste has been jacked up for at least 6 months

Now as far as actually feeling bad or anything? No they are fine and weren’t that sick when they had it
This. I know a ton of people who can’t smell anymore. That’s the only long term symptom I’ve heard of irl

Reactions: AU925
See above post...short term memory issues are another sign of zinc deficiency.

Really is interesting that simple things like zinc, vit D haven't been pushed harder when they're related to literally every virus....ever. And with one that causes such a storm that covid does....the body fights hard and goes extremely deficient really quickly in those.
I started taking both once I knew they were helpful. That's probably what helped those issues subside.

Reactions: 94WDE
I heard the studies on “long COVID” take a long time.

I also know someone who’s wife says she thinks the vaccine messed up her cycle. Healthy and in her 30’s. No change in birth control or anything. After getting vaccinated she says she would go 17 days and start her period and the next one 45 days. Been all erratic and whatnot. She says only thing she can think of his the vaccine because that’s when it started
I know a guy who blamed pain in his hand on the vaccine. He’s over 55. Welcome to getting older.

There is no doubt about that. Wife works as a nurse in a pharmacy and it is a common occurrence

Yeaaaaaa!!, I’m thinking after all the talk that there is no such thang as COVID.

i didn’t catch it. Must not exist. Just political BS!!
I'm glad you didn't lose anyone you cared about. Seriously, but get ****ed with this bullshit. A million people died in the US and you want to make jokes and have no empathy. You joke around about people dying from cancer too?

I watched my father suffer in the hospital for a month. Various masks, oxygen intakes, weeks that gave us hope where his O2 levels got better, then go down hill quickly, put on a ventilator and have his organs shut down almost immediately.

Naval Academy Grad, 20+ years in the military, fought off multiple cancers/chemo during the pandemic until he got covid in February. But his body was weak and couldn't handle it. Just be a "lie". God damn moron.

I honestly hope no one nears you gets covid and you have to endure what literally millions of people did as they watched family members die and take their final breaths. Hundreds of thousands of people died alone. I'm happy I could hold my dads hand with my brother and mom in the room as he took is final breath.

I know folks who did get the shot and did not get the shot and are long haulers. Seems to be no rhyme or reason but the major cause seems to be inflammation in the body.
Vaccines cut down on long Covid in almost every study. A Booster helps even more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT