ADVERTISEMENT

Another update on my dad (updated 8-7-24)

tyler5651

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
May 30, 2010
My dad has had a hard time in the past year. He is 83 and has numerous comorbidities. About a week and a half ago, he fell in the kitchen. We took him to Gadsden Regional and we didn't think it was that serious, it turned out he broke his back, some ribs, and at some point couldn't move or feel anything below his stomach.

He now has full feeling, but movement in only one leg. He is 83 and doesn't want to spend however long he might have in a wheelchair (and whatever treatment he has, with his condition, it is a gamble) so tomorrow afternoon, he will have surgery to fix his back.

The doctors have told him many, many times, he will likely not survive the procedure.

My dad is a fighter. He has done so much in his life. He is the greatest Auburn fan that has ever lived. He, and my brother, are the reason I have always loved this team and this school long before I set foot in Lee County.

I am trying to prepare myself to lose him, but it's hard. He is still as sharp as a tack. He knows so many things I'll never learn.

Please, if you can, please say a prayer for my father to whip this surgery's butt! His name is Jimmy. Thank you all, I know we joke and troll on here but I think there's a whole lot of very decent, kind-hearted people on this forum. God Bless you all.

UPDATE: The surgery was as far as anyone can tell a complete success! The surgeon is hopeful he may even walk again and have full function of his body. While he is not out of the woods yet...A lot of people prayed for this man, and a lot of them were from here. Thank you all for your kind words on our behalf.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.