ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one who thinks Mississippi State wins by 7+ Saturday?

AuburnLegacy

All-American
Jan 23, 2003
People are talking like it is a foregone conclusion that Uat will beat MSU, win the West and SEC, and play for the National Championship. That is ridiculous. People are talking about the No. 1 team in the country like they are chumps--a team that beat the National Runner-Ups by 15 points despite turning the ball over four times in a quarter.

MSU has a Heisman candidate at QB and probably the most underrated RB in the SEC; Uat has somewhere between the 8th-to-12th best quarterback in the league and the worst running back in the nation outside the 10s (when it comes to fumbling). Still, people are treating Alabama like WORLD BEATERS. They have played four bowl-eligible football teams, squeaking by two and losing to one. They are 0-3 against top 10 teams in their previous three games, not to mention Uat's biggest recent setbacks at come in Tuscaloser under Nicky (see Texas A&M, 2012; LSU, 2011; Auburn, 2010). Mullen has already proven he can beat Uat at Florida. MSU has eight senior starters on defense, a junior, and a redshirt sophomore. Uat counters with three true sophomore starters, including two on the defensive line. MSU can start up to five senior on the offensive line.

I would take MSU and points. It see MSU winning outright, running away with it with Prescott having a season's worth Heisman moments.

Yes you are. But if you are confident in your call, I'd suggest you call your bookie in Vegas and load up.

The called TD on the fumble at the 1 was huge. That changes the game considerably. While I think it was a TD, no replay review clearly showed the ball in the end zone. I am surprised it was overturned. Prior to that play, MSU was down by only two scores. A score on its next drive would have put MSU down one score, getting the ball after halftime. No matter. If DAK is the Heisman winner, it will show in the second half.

HAIL STATE!

The called TD may be the biggest play in all of college football this year. If Uat loses, it keeps them in the playoff conservation by keeping the score close (instead of getting beat by 7+). If Uat wins, you can point to that play. It is the equivalent t of Auburn's Prayer in Jordan-Hare.

It was not a miricle TD...

It's FAR from Auburns Prayer in Jordon Hare. It was a TD...then fumble. Simple as that. RTR

Re: It was not a miricle TD...

Biggest play in college football this year. Bar none. It was the difference in the game.

Originally posted by AuburnLegacy:
The called TD may be the biggest play in all of college football this year. If Uat loses, it keeps them in the playoff conservation by keeping the score close (instead of getting beat by 7+). If Uat wins, you can point to that play. It is the equivalent t of Auburn's Prayer in Jordan-Hare.
If your team worried more about playing solid football every down rather than trying to get on the highlight reel, you might win more games. Its partly your "pray for a miracle" mentality that has you mired in mediocrity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT