ADVERTISEMENT

Actual Data Showing Trends of People Shot to Death by da Police

If white people use drugs just as much as black people, why are black people arrested more for drugs
I can tell you why and it is something that is much more problematic than race. Hollywood is full of drug users but how many of them go to jail? They get to do thousands of dollars of coke in a night and the cops look the other way but my kids have some weed and they are shot.

Our criminal justice system is for the wealthy. If you got money, you have privilege. We use race to keep the people from focusing on how the people without money can have as much power as those that have money.

It is a sad thing but I am a little more safe than most when I go into court because most likely my lawyers will have more influence. They are sure paid enough they better be good. How is that fair to a person without money? I go to city council meetings I do not have as much power as the owners of businesses that pay more taxes. That is just life in a capitalist economy. The question is how can we help those with little power get more?

Reactions: mackenzie
I don't believe in systemic racism exists but I am not in the inner city. As for your experiences have you thought that maybe who you were mattered more than your race?

We have a poverty problem in our country but it is not caused by race but some mostly minority communities are effected by poverty. They do not have a voice in our society because they do not have any power to get that voice out. The leadership loves to make racism charges because they do not have to follow up with specific actions because they are not going to be able to find the law to change racial injustice.

They are just counting on us being good people and trying to treat everyone with respect. They then yell racism and getting justice to be seen and then they disappear when I ask for more money for a work study program. Love people but am not thrilled with our people with power.

Here is an example of systemic racism

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ant-think-twice-about-using-an-online-lender/

Despite being in the same financial situations of their white counterparts, Blacks and latinos are charged more than whites.

Reactions: kenews
What would Jesus do? He would love first.
Didn’t work out well for him. Nor would it work in the real world. I believe in Christ but like all things his teachings were flawed at times. The minute you place your immortal soul over someone else’s life you are damned. It’s easy to sacrifice hear on earth

It's not public welfare, it's a system that makes it very hard to break the cycle of poverty. And it's unfair to say it's self-inflicted and it's not just a black issue. Poor whites, poor hispanics, poor asians all have a hard time breaking the cycle of poverty. But I don't believe it's systemic racism because that implies racist policies and I don't think racist policies drive the cycle. If anything, class and corporatism, maybe.
I believe it is more about culture. I used to work in a very low income area that had more low income whites than low income blacks. Neither group wanted to change their status. They had no ambitions, no goals, no drive, they just wanted to exist. In order to exist, they took government handouts like they were candy.

Reactions: audeuce02 and 94WDE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ant-think-twice-about-using-an-online-lender/

Despite being in the same financial situations of their white counterparts, Blacks and latinos are charged more than whites.
This is not an example of systemic racism first off...that buzz word keeps getting brought up without people having any idea what it means. Did you even read the article you posted?
Researchers said the racial disparities could result from algorithms that use machine learning and big data to charge higher interest rates to borrowers who may be less likely to shop around. For example, the algorithms may take into account a borrower’s neighborhood — noting who lives in banking deserts — or other characteristics such as their high school or college.

So basically a computer model uses all algorithm to charge poorer neighborhoods higher interest rates? Ok...

Last edited:

I would counter this by saying affirmative action and minority quotas offsets this practice. My daughter had better grades and scores than several people she talked to that got into Tech on the first round because they were minorities.

So are we going to act like we don't know 5th grade math anymore? A couple of obvious points that I'll point out here:

1. See that "Unknown" category. Those could very well encompass black people and would give a more accurate depiction of what's going on.
2. black people only represent 13ish% of the population here. Yet, they account from about 24% of the police shootings in 2019.
3. Police shootings in US far and away exceed the number of police killing in every other developed country. For example, 3 people were killed last year in the UK and Wales. Australia's numbers have been between 1 and 11 for decades. Japan had like 2 people killed by police in 2018. Our numbers are ridiculous. Why doesn't that bother you? Instead of using these stats to shit on black people, maybe you should give a damn about all the white people police kill in addition...

Reactions: cantbeonyou

That is not systemic racism it is individual online companies. We actually have laws against those types of things happening and are supposed to be checked constantly.

I hate that we have to put a race, which is racism, on a form to fill out for a loan from a federal backed bank but that is the only way to check those things. It is also the only way for some of these people to get loans because they will get breaks for being a minority on lacquering mortgage loans and small business loans.

The terrible thing that is even worse is student loan debts is the biggest bubble about to burst.

Adjusted for population, the rate at which black people are killed by police is over twice as high. If we're actually trying to have a conversation around data.
For population, yes. When adjusted for the rate at which black and white people commit crime, the numbers are the same.

Reactions: ricedp105
I would counter this by saying affirmative action and minority quotas offsets this practice. My daughter had better grades and scores than several people she talked to that got into Tech on the first round because they were minorities.
This company is pretty crappy. They are realizing that minorities get some breaks on the federal backed bank loans to their advantage to leverage them. They are wanting a house and the government said no so what you gonna do.

Hey now. Let's not muddy the waters with anything as ridiculous as "facts." You know those are stubborn things (shout to John Adams) especially when they don't contribute to the narrative being disingenuously perpetrated by media, politicians, etc.

I don't believe in systemic racism exists but I am not in the inner city. As for your experiences have you thought that maybe who you were mattered more than your race?

We have a poverty problem in our country but it is not caused by race but some mostly minority communities are effected by poverty. They do not have a voice in our society because they do not have any power to get that voice out. The leadership loves to make racism charges because they do not have to follow up with specific actions because they are not going to be able to find the law to change racial injustice.

They are just counting on us being good people and trying to treat everyone with respect. They then yell racism and getting justice to be seen and then they disappear when I ask for more money for a work study program. Love people but am not thrilled with our people with power.
Yeah, we just disagree on your first sentence.
You asked about my experiences.
The forst experience I shared didn’t involve me. The second definitely had something to do with the fact that I was my dad’s son but the officer didn’t even know I was there when he started questioning the guys playing ball without me. It didn’t matter who I was. It mattered how much melanin their bodies contained. Then I showed up and, “oh, we know your dad. You’re the guy we let drive at 14 because of your dad, so these black guys are no longer a threat”.
Like I said, I’m not out here looking to scream “racism” every time something happens. It just makes no sense, in the face of decades of evidence to deny its a factor.

White population in America: roughly 246,000,000

Black population in America: roughly 44,000,000

chance of being killed just according to the stats is much higher for black people

in order for it to be equal there would have to be about 5.5 times more white people killed than black people...

Per police encounter, you're more likely to be killed as a white person than black...

Reactions: Auburn93
So are we going to act like we don't know 5th grade math anymore? A couple of obvious points that I'll point out here:

1. See that "Unknown" category. Those could very well encompass black people and would give a more accurate depiction of what's going on.
2. black people only represent 13ish% of the population here. Yet, they account from about 24% of the police shootings in 2019.
3. Police shootings in US far and away exceed the number of police killing in every other developed country. For example, 3 people were killed last year in the UK and Wales. Australia's numbers have been between 1 and 11 for decades. Japan had like 2 people killed by police in 2018. Our numbers are ridiculous. Why doesn't that bother you? Instead of using these stats to shit on black people, maybe you should give a damn about all the white people police kill in addition...
FTR I care about all people not being killed, with that said..why aren't we/you including the homicide rate of black on black here as well or is that not allowed to be discussed? Evil doesn't have a race or a badge...

Yeah, we just disagree on your first sentence.
You asked about my experiences.
The forst experience I shared didn’t involve me. The second definitely had something to do with the fact that I was my dad’s son but the officer didn’t even know I was there when he started questioning the guys playing ball without me. It didn’t matter who I was. It mattered how much melanin their bodies contained. Then I showed up and, “oh, we know your dad. You’re the guy we let drive at 14 because of your dad, so these black guys are no longer a threat”.
Like I said, I’m not out here looking to scream “racism” every time something happens. It just makes no sense, in the face of decades of evidence to deny its a factor.

If I am reading correctly you say that since people of color have bad experiences with cops is it is because of race. You may be right but again it is poor decisions by the individual and not the system. I just have not found many rules that single out minorities for punishment.

Have proper accountability, which is systematic in government, and that goes away I believe. The thing is that they just are not doing a good job of defining what a cop is supposed to do. My kids have a poor opinion of LEO but think all four of our DARE officers are great until they are in trouble. Hell they called our two black officers racist for taking them out of a teachers class when there are no white people in the class. It is just ingrained in them to believe the only possible reason they are singled out is racism.

This whole movement is about understanding that there are systemic things in place that make it more difficult for certain races to get out of poverty.
No, it isn't. That is a conversation worth having, but that IS NOT what this "movement" is preaching right now. They're just saying that cops are racists.

FTR I care about all people not being killed, with that said..why aren't we/you including the homicide rate of black on black here as well or is that not allowed to be discussed? Evil doesn't have a race or a badge...

you continue to regurgitate this black on black crime issue. what are you trying to prove by doing so? b/c the only way it comes off to me is that you think black people are born more likely to kill each other than other races since you refuse to discuss anything about how we got to the crime statistics we are faced with in our world today

you continue to regurgitate this black on black crime issue. what are you trying to prove by doing so? b/c the only way it comes off to me is that you think black people are born more likely to kill each other than other races since you refuse to discuss anything about how we got to the crime statistics we are faced with in our world today
I'm trying to point out that black on black homicide is also a major issue if we're going to be concerned about protecting and saving black lives. Also I've said this three times now, police are more likely to have encounters with blacks than whites due to the higher crime rate, that is a verified fact. You're trying to throw everything on the police being racist in every encounter, when the issue is way more complicated than that. Again evil doesn't have a color or a badge, it's a person not a system. We went through this exact same false narrative a couple years ago with Michael Brown and others...this still applies today
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...black_crime_do_black_lives_really_matter.html

Last edited:
I think media has skewed this, but there are millions of protesters that have been out there peacefully, but for some reason media only wants to concentrate on the destruction caused by the few.

And there are a ton of good cops for every Chauvin.

Let's call a spade a spade whether it's a thug beating a defenseless business owner and burning her building or a mouth breathing cop with a God complex stepping on someone's throat.

Hey now. Let's not muddy the waters with anything as ridiculous as "facts." You know those are stubborn things (shout to John Adams) especially when they don't contribute to the narrative being disingenuously perpetrated by media, politicians, etc.

you could weigh 300 pounds about be a complete fatass...but you might have grown up poor eating mcdonald's everyday and had no chance at a skinny life

it's a fact you are a fatass but the reasoning would be an important part of the conversation

if you could have grown up eating healthy you might not be a fatass

I'm trying to point out that black on black homicide is also a major issue if we're going to be concerned about protecting and saving black lives. Also I've said this three times now, police are more likely to have encounters with blacks than whites due to the higher crime rate, that is a verified fact. You're trying to throw everything on the police being racist in every encounter, when the issue is way more complicated than that. Again evil doesn't have a color or a badge, it's a person not a system.

i've said quite a few times ITT that there are a multitude of reasons why black on black crime is an issue...and you have completely ignored that thought process so really you DGAF about black on black crime other than to use it as a statistic to fit your narrative

i've said quite a few times ITT that there are a multitude of reasons why black on black crime is an issue...and you have completely ignored that thought process so really you DGAF about black on black crime other than to use it as a statistic to fit your narrative

Where have you said that ITT?

there is a reason certain populations get caught breaking the law more than others...if you don't ask yourself how did we get here you are doing a disservice to any data you throw at me pertaining to race

we are discussing police killing citizens, not citizens killing citizens....but there are a million reasons why blacks are killed mostly by other blacks

you guys don't want to have that conversation for some reason...racial inequity for decades has caused many of the problems for black people and white people just want to ignore that and point to the numbers which are facts of course, but without context they mean nothing

do you understand there are a multitude of reasons behind why certain races would have more interactions with police?

or does your dumbass brain think some people are just born that way? this kid will have more interactions with police than this kid

this is how close-minded you are...your brain doesn't even remember me saying this 3 times before. i know how you will respond...as if discussing the reasoning behind black police encounters and black on black crime are totally different when it's all about racial ineqaulity

this is how open-minded you are to learning...your brain doesn't even remember me saying this 3 times
So you're trying to create a racial profile narrative to ALL encounters with and excuse crimes due to skin color? And you think I'm the stupid one here...wow. You can't discuss police killing citizens, without discussing WHY police are interacting with that citizen to begin with...that seems rather naive at best.

you realize you left out a ton of information that is needed to compare out country to others right?

So you're trying to create a racial profile narrative to ALL encounters with and excuse crimes due to skin color? And you think I'm the stupid one here...wow. You can't discuss police killing citizens, without discussing WHY police are interacting with that citizen to begin with...that seems rather naive at best.

you are so far from understanding me b/c you don't have the willingness and you also don't have the capacity...so this is a pointless conversation

you are the epitome of a white dude who doesn't get it

And there are a ton of good cops for every Chauvin.

Let's call a spade a spade whether it's a thug beating a defenseless business owner and burning her building or a mouth breathing cop with a God complex stepping on someone's throat.

never said thats not the case. There are just other things that are being protested at this point as well.

I think he's saying since black on black crime is high, Then all blacks deserve to be killed, whether they commit a crime or not

Reactions: tigers3014
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT