ADVERTISEMENT

Actual Data Showing Trends of People Shot to Death by da Police

Except they are stealing to eat. That is a myth. Most theft occurs to fund drug habits or other similar poor lifestyle decisions. With the leadership that gets elected from those district, you are always going to have a perpetual underclass. It is the way they stay in power. It is no small coincidence that the poor black community in the south and inner cities along with the poor white communities of Appalachia began to denigrate with the advent of the Great Society.
Just was trying to give an example. You are backing up what i said. There is systematic racism that is alive and well in this country. That is what is being protested. This country has come a long way, but has a long way to go.

Just was trying to give an example. You are backing up what i said. There is systematic racism that is alive and well in this country. That is what is being protested. This country has come a long way, but has a long way to go.

I guess if you want to call 3 and 4 generations on the government dole, destruction of the family, and multiple children born out of wedlock, rampant criminality, all of which largely began in 1964 under democrat leadership and direction, systemic racism, have at it. Looks self inflicted to me.

You're a little late here bud. FTR More blacks were killed by each other in one weekend in Chicago over Memorial Day than have been killed by police in 2020. Do we want to go down this road?

that has nothing to do with anything i am discussing

These numbers are true and they do seem to be counter to the current narrative but relying on these numbers has a huge flaw. Using these numbers to counter the argument of racial injustice would only work if the outcome of racism is always death.
Just because a person isn’t shot to death by the police, doesn’t mean that person wasn’t treated differently (Poorly) because of his skin color or pre conceived ideas.

This would be where it's important for black leaders to encourage black men and women to pursue jobs on their local police forces and to run for more offices. I think you're right here. I think life as a black person, especially a man is tougher when dealing with police. I think voting is the answer, not rioting. I think peaceful protest is a great response. I think shutting down the street harassing innocent bystanders is counterproductive. I respect the plight, and I'm willing to help. Not when it becomes an avenue to disrupt and destroy though. These incidents are being used as a reason to agitate, and I'm not on board with that. I'm fully capable of empathizing without being agitated, disrupted, attacked or admonished.

there is a reason certain populations get caught breaking the law more than others...if you don't ask yourself how did we get here you are doing a disservice to any data you throw at me pertaining to race

That seems largely an opinion.

I also have an opinion... I previously worked for the sheriffs office. I can tell you that the majority of the 911 calls are coming from the same neighborhoods where the crime is being committed. So, shootings, robbery, burglary, assault, and others.. are not white people reporting black crimes, but rather black people reporting black crimes OR white people reporting white crimes.

Reactions: RT and ricedp105
with alot of this happening in low income areas. This whole movement is about understanding that there are systemic things in place that make it more difficult for certain races to get out of poverty. If you are broke and need to eat bad enough you will steal it.
There are immigrants that come to this country with nothing and start successful business. There are also blacks that have been here, been provided a free education, and shit never changes. If there is a system that keeps them down, then it’s the public welfare provided so they don’t have to work.

gotta think if I had fingers for toes that would take my shoe size up to like 16. The ladies would for sure be looking

You could also hang upside down from branches and really anything.

the toe hand concept has 0 benefits
I agree. Plus like @AU HDL said the womens would really notice those huge feet. They might be repulsed once the shoes come off, but at least you could hide them

maybe you could walk on your hands if you had toes instead of fingers?

I guess if you want to call 3 and 4 generations on the government dole, destruction of the family, and multiple children born out of wedlock, rampant criminality, all of which largely began in 1964 under democrat leadership and direction, systemic racism, have at it. Looks self inflicted to me.
Employment

Did you know that no matter what else is going on in America, year in and year out for the last 60 years, Black unemployment is always about twice as high as white unemployment? And even if you just look at Black college graduates, they're still almost twice as likely to be unemployed as white college graduates? And if you just apply for a job with a white sounding name, you're 50% more likely to get a callback than with a Black sounding name?

Red lines in real estate also created the inner city areas that today house the poor. It was just decided that a specific area would be where poor people lived. That then created something called predatory lending. Families not in red area were given better access and better loan terms, the families not in red were not given the same amount of access or loan terms (even if families had same wealth). This is a form of segregation that is still around today. Still here today because of what was done 50 years ago.

Just a few examples

Lmao and why not?

we are discussing police killing citizens, not citizens killing citizens....but there are a million reasons why blacks are killed mostly by other blacks

you guys don't want to have that conversation for some reason...racial inequity for decades has caused many of the problems for black people and white people just want to ignore that and point to the numbers which are facts of course, but without context they mean nothing

Reactions: hsvtgr and DrChuma
I agree. Plus like @AU HDL said the womens would really notice those huge feet. They might be repulsed once the shoes come off, but at least you could hide them

maybe you could walk on your hands if you had toes instead of fingers?
basic leg strength couldn’t be replicated by our arms

plus the way we’re built... it’d be a mess man

Employment

Did you know that no matter what else is going on in America, year in and year out for the last 60 years, Black unemployment is always about twice as high as white unemployment? And even if you just look at Black college graduates, they're still almost twice as likely to be unemployed as white college graduates? And if you just apply for a job with a white sounding name, you're 50% more likely to get a callback than with a Black sounding name?

Red lines in real estate also created the inner city areas that today house the poor. It was just decided that a specific area would be where poor people lived. That then created something called predatory lending. Families not in red area were given better access and better loan terms, the families not in red were not given the same amount of access or loan terms (even if families had same wealth). This is a form of segregation that is still around today. Still here today because of what was done 50 years ago.

Just a few examples
Racism plays a role, sure. As does the welfare mindset amongst many in this country. As do many other things that aren’t going to be solved by burning down communities.

we are discussing police killing citizens, not citizens killing citizens....but there are a million reasons why blacks are killed mostly by other blacks

you guys don't want to have that conversation for some reason...racial inequity for decades has caused many of the problems for black people and white people just want to ignore that and point to the numbers which are facts of course, but without context they mean nothing
You're not thinking man..so if police have more interactions with blacks due to the % of crimes they commit,1 which is a fact as was stated earlier(13% of the population commit 50% of crime) why does the population disparity matter in this discussion?

Reactions: hooter80 and RT
there is a reason certain populations get caught breaking the law more than others...if you don't ask yourself how did we get here you are doing a disservice to any data you throw at me pertaining to race
Its about class, not race. Go to Appalachia where it is lily white, the same things occur there to the the dregs of society. Just happens that the black leadership is A-ok with having a perpetual underclass that will vote for them no matter what as long as they deliver the government goodies for them and get on TV every once and awhile and spout off while accomplishing relatively nothing to end the problems of the relative poverty they live in.

For instance, the public schools in Montgomery are horrendous, but they are black run, black administered, largely black taught etc. Alabama State is the worst university in Alabama, same people run it. The chief of police of Minneapolis is black. Time to own things and realize that the system is the black communities and hard decisions need to be made.

There’s more blacks killed by blacks in Chicago alone than those killed by cops. But yea, let’s never talk about it.

White population in America: roughly 246,000,000

Black population in America: roughly 44,000,000

chance of being killed just according to the stats is much higher for black people

in order for it to be equal there would have to be about 5.5 times more white people killed than black people...
That's understood, but what % of each population commit a crime, are being apprehended, and put the officers in dangers by resisting, pulling a gun themselves, reaching for their pockets, etc. That's why this data can't be used to paint a clear picture.

As @rthomas14 pointed out, the issue is black people in general being discriminated against by police officers when they shouldn't be. Example: being pulled over under suspicion of something because of their skin color. Innocent people mind you.

That seems largely an opinion.

I also have an opinion... I previously worked for the sheriffs office. I can tell you that the majority of the 911 calls are coming from the same neighborhoods where the crime is being committed. So, shootings, robbery, burglary, assault, and others.. are not white people reporting black crimes, but rather black people reporting black crimes OR white people reporting white crimes.

what a response...so you think because black people report crime we should ignore why the people they are reporting are committing the crimes?

you can't see the forest b/c of the trees. you will continue getting likes from rice with this type of thought process

what a response...so you think because black people report crime we should ignore why the people they are reporting are committing the crimes?
That doesn't even make sense...the "people" reporting the crimes, are ALSO black(police officers. Take Montgomery for example...where is the biggest crime hot spot, North side, guess what race commits most of the crimes in that area, blacks. You're trying to absolve crime basically.

Racism plays a role, sure. As does the welfare mindset amongst many in this country. As do many other things that aren’t going to be solved by burning down communities.
agree totally, and i think you would find that a vast majority of those on the street agree as well.

Reactions: audeuce02
That's understood, but what % of each population commit a crime, are being apprehended, and put the officers in dangers by resisting, pulling a gun themselves, reaching for their pockets, etc. That's why this data can't be used to paint a clear picture.

As @rthomas14 pointed out, the issue is black people in general being discriminated against by police officers when they shouldn't be. Example: being pulled over under suspicion of something because of their skin color. Innocent people mind you.

you won't find me arguing that not resisting makes it easier to not get killed. it applies to all the races though not just black people. i'd assume the whites who got killed also resisted.

So police brutality is decreasing since 2017 and more whites were killed by police than blacks this year...narratives and such.

But you'd expect that ... whites are more than half the population, blacks just 13%. Blacks are killed by police 3x as many per capita. What's interesting is that the police related deaths don't correlate at all to violent crime rates, one of the reasons people offer for higher black death rates at the hands of police. And this isn't a big city problem...and racial makeup of the cities doesn't incline one to more or less police related deaths of any type.

Explain the systematic racism to me. I am not denying racism exists but I feel like the issues you're referring to are class issues more than race issues. I absolutely know for a fact that Jim Crow laws created a wealth gap that carries forward to this day, but the systemic rules that drove Jim Crow are gone now. However, it seems to me that the systems that perpetuate poverty for people today are not so much race driven as they are class driven. Please, tell me if you think I'm wrong.

I suspect none of the whites on here grew up poor. I sure as hell did and had zero advantages, seen plenty of family on drugs and in jail. But for sure, all cops are racist and only blacks are being killed.

you can fvck right off if you think that's what i'm saying

trying to have a rational conversation about race seems to make you guys totally uncomfortable b/c yall are defensive as hell

Employment

Just a few examples

Neighborhoods drift in and out. What you are saying is just not true. The majority of neighborhoods that are considered "sketchy" in Montgomery, only became that way in the last 40 years. There have always been poorer areas of any town, but all of them didn't develop in a manner in which you speak.

You sound like you are making an excuse and not wanting to address the behavioral problem. When you see horrible criminal behavior on the tv or worse in real life rather frequently, is it a stereotype or is it how things really are.

you can fvck right off if you think that's what i'm saying

trying to have a rational conversation about race seems to make you guys totally uncomfortable b/c yall are defensive as hell
"rational discussion about race" also involves the race that commits a good majority of crime, statistically speaking, is going to have more encounters with the police...why are you avoiding that context?
Take a look at Montgomery, with a black mayor and a black DA...guess who commits the majority of the crime there? Blacks
https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.co...ngs-fbi-says-than-police-reported/3841565002/

Reactions: RT
ADVERTISEMENT