ADVERTISEMENT

Actual Data Showing Trends of People Shot to Death by da Police

So the answer to my question is no. Ok then. I guess we'll just agree to disagree. It's not a defense mechanism when you see things that officers go through on a nightly basis, even in non threatening situations.

bro my family has been impacted majorly due to my white former BIL who is a trooper getting into a racial situation that caused so much tension my sister and him got divorced...i totally understand and empathize what they go through.

Have you ever been stationed over seas. I can promise you were you located would change your impression of a local community and put it on the whole country. Those things matter. So we want to try and make our communities more inclusive. Had some stupid ass announcer say I am from a black neighborhood that is fifty fifty. What no white people there. He is in a rich neighborhood that has nothing in common with the neighborhood Mr Floyd lived in.

So I understand banks using red lining because of the area the person lives. You do not that if you live in a trailer park with high crime you will have serious trouble getting that loan. So the system is not racist but there might be people who are caught in they system who are one race or another.

but you would have to still agree that red-lining made it harder for minorities to achieve financial success even if it makes sense in your mind why they did it

There was no intent because I doubt you would ever treat someone differently based solely on race.

I usually point out how absurd something sounds with an absurdity in the other direction. It is like the leaders of our country talking about systemic racism exists but they have been in charge for a long time.

Take Cuomo who irritates me to hell but how can he talk about systemic racism and not call himself a racist. He is in charge so he must be instituting it. It is just hard for me to have much faith in a man who says he knows that their is systemic racism and he profited from it. That is the height of hypocrisy.

That being said, I don't think I would trust him to do right like I trust all of you, when I met him I would not think he was evil. There are a couple on here who are consumed with injustices they see but you can tell they are going to help people when the time comes. I just wish I could see that from the people who profit from bringing up our problems that are put in their position to fix them.
There was no intent because I doubt you would ever treat someone differently based solely on race.

I usually point out how absurd something sounds with an absurdity in the other direction. It is like the leaders of our country talking about systemic racism exists but they have been in charge for a long time.

Take Cuomo who irritates me to hell but how can he talk about systemic racism and not call himself a racist. He is in charge so he must be instituting it. It is just hard for me to have much faith in a man who says he knows that their is systemic racism and he profited from it. That is the height of hypocrisy.

That being said, I don't think I would trust him to do right like I trust all of you, when I met him I would not think he was evil. There are a couple on here who are consumed with injustices they see but you can tell they are going to help people when the time comes. I just wish I could see that from the people who profit from bringing up our problems that are put in their position to fix them.
AJ, so you referring to me as the “most racist person you e encountered” was just you being “absurd”.
Good to know.

have a great day...

Reactions: kenews
to understand another color or cultures point of view is racist? i don't know how you come to that conclusion. it seems like the opposite.
Gotta get back to work but I will hit you back later if that’s ok. Nice to have a civil discussion. I fully understand I may be wrong but I will give you my point of view

Reactions: tigers3014
Per that same site, of the 31 blacks that were killed by police in 2020, 10 were unarmed.
This is the important number to be looking at, IMO. And it can be broken down even still, as just because someone is unarmed, doesn’t mean the killing was not justified i.e. trying to steal the cops gun or physically assaulting the officer to where he is afraid for his life.

Reactions: ricedp105
The "man" keeping a brother down.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Aueku
This is the important number to be looking at, IMO. And it can be broken down even still, as just because someone is unarmed, doesn’t mean the killing was not justified i.e. trying to steal the cops gun or physically assaulting the officer to where he is afraid for his life.
Agreed, so 10 out of how many interactions of police vs blacks that an argument could be made that were not justified. FTR Tucker Carlson broke down these 10 last night, per FBI reports...some were absolutely not justified(Floyd), but some were an officer suspecting that person was armed, they weren't, but found a gun later, etc I'm not excusing any of these instances, no person deserves to die, but if we're going to have an honest conversation here as to the frequency of police brutality regarding blacks that's important to point out.

Edit: also I'd like to add that having more officers involved in these situations could be a solution in that higher up officers can help make quick judgements or tell an officer acting unlawful to stop(NYC under Gulliana used this method) as in the case of Floyd.

Reactions: MatthewJ
Agreed, so 10 out of how many interactions of police vs blacks that an argument could be made that were not justified. FTR Tucker Carlson broke down these 10 last night, per FBI reports...some were absolutely not justified(Floyd), but some were an officer suspecting that person was armed, they weren't, but found a gun later, etc I'm not excusing any of these instances, no person deserves to die, but if we're going to have an honest conversation here as to the frequency of police brutality regarding blacks that's important to point out.
I think we can all agree that one unjustified killing is too many, but to just post population statistics or crime statistics as proof of anything can be misleading, and the media will use misleading stats in a second if it means ratings.

Reactions: ricedp105
AJ, so you referring to me as the “most racist person you e encountered” was just you being “absurd”.
Good to know.

have a great day...
I know you are going to get very mad at me again. It is that you get upset at being called a racist but say there is systemic racism in the country. You know we all are responsible for the systems that are in our communities and that makes all of us racist?

I know you are going to get very mad at me again. It is that you get upset at being called a racist but say there is systemic racism in the country. You know we all are responsible for the systems that are in our communities and that makes all of us racist?
Not mad at all. I said earlier, I get you now and when I read your opinions, I consider the source. I had no intention of continuing the conversation and that’s on me.

you have a great day.

Reactions: kenews
Not mad at all. I said earlier, I get you now and when I read your opinions, I consider the source. I had no intention of continuing the conversation and that’s on me.

you have a great day.
I get you now, too. I made a mistake because I thought my anger at your comments was because I assumed you were one of those pompous assholes that think they are superior. I get you now and when I read your opinions I consider the source. I had no intentions of offending you and continuing the conversation.

you have a great day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT