ADVERTISEMENT

A&M breakdown...LONG

SweetHomeAU

First Team
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2012

So I went back and watched almost all the offensive snaps. Entire offense from top to bottom played bad. A&M also just had a GREAT gameplan and executed it perfectly. Lots of stunts on DL that the OL just couldn't pick up. There were a few plays though that bothered me.

17:08- 3rd and 8 from the A&M 15 yd line where Bo missed the TE open for first down. Instead he dumps it to Shivers for no gain. He had a pocket and time. The play just seemed rushed or may the TE wasn't as open as it looked? Still looked like potential for a first down. Instead we kick FG.

20:25- Missed TD to Johnson. I mean Bo just missed the throw.

22:25- Bo gets a little pressure off right side on 3rd and 14. It's a tough play. I feel like Bo could have stepped up in the pocket and avoided that pressure JUST ENOUGH to make a throw to Jackson over the middle who was open. Again It's a tough play for anyone to make and the OL didn't get out quite quick enough to move that rusher out of the way. Just a play I think Bo can make, but he already seemed a little rattled.

25:27- Awful run blocking by OL. Shenker literally just standing there with his dick in his hand. Looked like Johnson was too quick in motion and kinda gave away the threat of a sweep handoff. Hunter has nowhere to go.

26:46- A&M sends a blitzer and from the right side and NO ONE picks him up. This was one of the plays where the OL did Nix absolutely no favors in the passing game.

32:55- What a shit show play and shit drive. Was this an RPO and Bo couldn't get the ball off quick enough so lineman were already downfield? Either way WTF?

42:02- Tank just misses a wide open hole to the left side that has only a safety coming down to fill it. I'd bet my left nut Tank would have made that guy miss or broke the tackle and it would have been a big gain. Instead he runs right into the backs of the OL and tries to break it outside.

43:15- Jackson falls and luckily trips A&M defender up too. I note this play because he didn't help himself or Bo out. I think Bo was pissed and affected the next play.

44:42- Next play we have a well designed roll out and Johnson open for the first. Bo one hops it and doesn't give Johnson a real chance to catch it. This is where I really notice Bo is just flustered by his play and everything else going on around him.

56:34- A&M stunts and OL doesn't pick him up which makes Bo have to hesitate. The safety then just attacks and completely blows up the play. Here's where I get fustrated with Bo. He knows it was a designed run and he couldnt throw the ball because the linemen would probably be downfield blocking. He does it anyway and luckily the refs just miss the call. JUST GO DOWN or RUN OUT OF BOUNDS. Live to see another down.

57:46- The fade to Hudson. After going back I see that Bo actually put the ball where only Kobe could make the play. He didn't. Not even close. I have issue with the decision to throw that ball. A fade to Hudson? He had plenty of time. Fromm was coming out of his break open at the 5 yd line. That's a higher percentage throw and catch. Just a weird choice. This results in a 4th down and missed FG. Carlson has to hit that. He just doesn't.

1:12:40- False start by Hudson on 3rd and 5? WTF man....Can't do it.

1:13:24- 3rd and 10 after dumbass penalty. Good pocket and throw. Jackson gets held and it should have been PI. It's a no call and we punt.

We all know what happened next(dropped flea flicker and then scoop and score fumble) and I didn't see the point of looking further because it was just bad. I think our biggest issue is run blocking. Pass blocking isn't great, but Bo had plays in the game where he had time. The plays failed either because he made a bad throw/read or the WR just weren't getting open.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.