ADVERTISEMENT

A Loss in the Auburn Family

WDEinal

NOT GREAT WITH NUMBERS
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2016
Hello all,

My name is Austin, and I am posting on behalf of my father, William, the owner of this account, and a long-time member of The Bunker.

My father passed away this week due to heart issues. During my life with him, the two lessons that were passed down from him to me was, don’t take BS from anyone, and ALWAYS trust some dudes on a message board!

Jokes aside, my father grew up a life-long bammer, but was forced to go to Auburn because his older brother was already going to school there. After about a semester living in the luscious Dexter Arms Apts. on Gay St, he was a full convert. Since leaving in ’85, he worked an incredibly successful career with Verizon Wireless for 31 years, while raising myself (30) and my sister (33) to be independent, strong willed adults. He also leaves behind two beautiful 5 year old grandsons, who recently did stints on their all-star baseball team, and will be called up to the Braves soon (with a stint in the farm town first).

The Bunker was always a favorite topic of conversation for him, as was all things Auburn. He loved Auburn as much in 2012, as he did in 2013. To him, it was about the community and outstanding collection of recruiting insights, as well as just a bunch of dudes asking for advice/showing a great meme or two. Usually a conversation started with “I read on The Bunker that…” and it was just a journey from there.

I wanted to express how much this community meant to him (and myself) over all the years he has been here, and know that while it’s just a forum, he loved spending time with you all. Luckily in heaven, there is always a new post on The Bunker. God Bless & War Eagle!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.