ADVERTISEMENT

A little perspective for the Gus haterz

Assuming you are being serious, that is a very accurate description and, I think, exactly how the PTB are viewing things.

Agree. There was the initial gut reaction from certain moneyed boosters that "that was the final straw" which has seemingly occurred in each of Gus' last several seasons, and then, after 48 hours, a level of calm has returned as the reality of the situation takes over.

The fans in the Bunker aren't generally representative of the average AU fan.

The boosters aren't coming up with $21M+ to get him out this year unless the wheels totally fall off and it is evident that the team has totally quit in all phases...and if they DO, it'll be the first time, perhaps ever, that has been done, at Auburn.

Heck, maybe anywhere.

Reactions: William_In_Texas
Agree. There was the initial gut reaction from certain moneyed boosters that "that was the final straw" which has seemingly occurred in each of Gus' last several seasons, and then, after 48 hours, a level of calm has returned as the reality of the situation takes over.

The fans in the Bunker aren't generally representative of the average AU fan.

The boosters aren't coming up with $21M+ to get him out this year unless the wheels totally fall off and it is evident that the team has totally quit in all phases...and if they DO, it'll be the first time, perhaps ever, that has been done, at Auburn.

Heck, maybe anywhere.
ASSMAN As always LOLzzzzzz.

I don’t think that’s a solid excuse when everyone else was dealing with the same problems and most teams haven’t recruited as well as AU. Plus, this isn’t the first time GUS has underperformed

I don’t think that’s a solid excuse when everyone else was dealing with the same problems and most teams haven’t recruited as well as AU. Plus, this isn’t the first time GUS has underperformed
Well maybe that's why there are only 4 undefeated Power 5 teams right now?

Trying to control the narrative? Go figure. Strange.
Yes, it is strange.

I guess only negative posts are allowed on the Bunker now. Maybe if I call the head coach names and whine and cry like a 5 year old about college football my threads won't get moved to purgatory. Go figure.

We're scary close to being able to beat a team we haven't lost to since 1933....

you do realize AU and SC have only played 13 times total don’t you? That 1933 stat sounds better than it actually is. SC record is 2-10-1 vs Auburn. The announcers kept saying South Carolina had not beaten Auburn since 1933 making it sound like we play you every year or something. You’ve dominated the series but let’s not pretend this a bigger stat than it really is.

ADVERTISEMENT