ADVERTISEMENT

A little perspective for the Gus haterz

Jim in Scranton

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Nov 24, 2012
Hey guys, I've been gone for a while, but thought I would pop in and try to bring a little perspective.

GUS hired a new OC, and then didn't get a spring practice, fall practice has been screwed up with multiple players having to sit out because of Chyna Virus, and the injuries to several key players have made it almost impossible to get a good week of practice in. Much less being at full strength for games.

We lost a ton from last year's team, and just like LSU and OU, we will have some growing pains. This team can still win 6 or 7 games, and get to a good bowl game. That's pretty damn good in what is an extremely challenging year for the program.

tenor.gif

Hey guys, I've been gone for a while, but thought I would pop in and try to bring a little perspective.

GUS hired a new OC, and then didn't get a spring practice, fall practice has been screwed up with multiple players having to sit out because of Chyna Virus, and the injuries to several key players have made it almost impossible to get a good week of practice in. Much less being at full strength for games.

We lost a ton from last year's team, and just like LSU and OU, we will have some growing pains. This team can still win 6 or 7 games, and get to a good bowl game. That's pretty damn good in what is an extremely challenging year for the program.

tenor.gif

I pray this is some sort of joke.

tenor.gif
It's true that the shutdown probably affected Auburn more than any other team in the SEC. We had a returning QB, but having a new OC and losing so much experience on both lines makes missing Spring ball a big deal for us. Not that this is a valid excuse for a coach in his 8th season. He could've/should've recruited better players and gotten them more experience. Missing Spring probably highlights the issues more than causing them.

See, the problem is, every other team also dealt with this crap.

Oh and el oh el on possibly winning 7 games. You think we're going to go 5-1 in our last 6?
Without a doubt I think we can. We're aren't beating bama, but aTm is the only other good team left on the schedule.

Reactions: Boisgreat

tenor.gif
10/10.

tenor.gif
I think there's some truth there and probably more than the D&Gers want to admit.

The difficultly though, is that there's been similar excuses for as long as I can remember... we're young.... young QB... new coordinators... new system... wait til the guys develop... at a certain point you lose patience. It's year 8.

Without a doubt I think we can. We're aren't beating bama, but aTm is the only other good team left on the schedule.
Agreed, but we are not a very good team right now. We could go 5-1 or 1-5. The truth is probably somewhere in between. We will probably be 5-5 unless the team totally quits. If we improve each week, I could see 6-4.

tenor.gif
please compare and contrast what arkansas and ole miss have had to do this year to what auburn has had to do. after that, compare the results between the 3

please compare and contrast what arkansas and ole miss have had to do this year to what auburn has had to do. after that, compare the results between the 3
The point is not that Auburn is "unique" here but that it is a valid reason for what we're seeing. There's a reason every team has looked like crap in some aspect of their game so far.

Now if we go 2-8, 3-7, then you have a point. Going to be a weird year for the entire league. Sans Bama, I think most teams end up with 2+ losses, maybe 3.

The teams we have left are no worse IMO than USCe, so I too struggle to see how you get to 7 wins.
Because, except for Bama and UGA everyone else kind of sucks too. And a 7-win season with losses to Bama and UGa again? Grape job?

tenor.gif
Not like Morris is recreating the wheel here...also if we had the recent success of LSU and OU we would feel a whole lot different about the current situation. Literally everyone has had to deal with the same covid stuff and majority have new coaches as well...so yea

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Reactions: khurial

tenor.gif
Assuming you are being serious, that is a very accurate description and, I think, exactly how the PTB are viewing things.

Reactions: Bassman

tenor.gif
You are an idiot

Reactions: jagermike55
OP is screaming for help.Does anyone have a way to get in touch.Got to get him off the crack.

We had to hire an new OL coach and new O coordinator because Gus made terrible hires before. Our Problems are all self inflicted

Growing pains like LSU lol?

They went undefeated and won the national championship. We lost four games and got embarrassed by Minnesota

And that's the problem...

Most fans would be okay with a down year if the previous year the senior and junior laden team had actually accomplished something. That didn't happen, just like it hasn't happened multiple times and so the "rebuilding" excuse automatically doesn't fly with anyone because if you're not winning at your best then why should we believe that Gus will ever do anything with his worst?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT