ADVERTISEMENT

A-Day stream of consciousness pbp.......

Dammit Lewis

ASK ME ABOUT MY TUB
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
Fountain Inn, SC
Q1

Drive 1 - 1st string
- Dillon Wade hold was very minor.
- Payton with a nice run. Last year his best runs came off of read option. This was a scramble. I'd like to see more of that this year.
- Dillon Wade does look like he's still getting comfortable to playing Guard. He pulled and whiffed on Jamonte Waller. Nickle blitz off the opposite side. Payton saw the blitz pre-snap and checked Jarquez over to pick it up. Payton made the right read throwing back to that side, but threw it low and behind Cam C. After the play it looked like coaches were talking to Cam C like he made the mistake. He was probably suppose to come in towards the line if scrimmage and catch the ball right behind where the Nickle had been.

Drive 2 - Holden with 2nd team
- Quick hit to Fair.
- Over throw deep. No one near it.
- Holden should've kept the run. He had a pulling RG and numbers. He handed it to Cobb instead who had to make people miss just to get positive yards.
- Faulk against TE Frazier is a total mismatch. Faulk drives him back and Mausi cleans it up.

Drive 3 - Hank with 2's
- DJ takes a chance leaving Cam 1 on 1. Hank hits the bomb. Great catch by Cam. A little over thrown. Great read though. There's not a WR on last years team that could make that catch.
- LB Woodyard looks slim and fast. Has made several plays.
- Run blitz. Defense new it was a run. Britton Williams all over Alston.
- Defense again read the play. Had double coverage deep. OL picked up the blitz well. Allows Hank to throw it away.

Drive 4 - Walker with 2's?
- Walker with goid protection. Gets the ball out quickly to Camden Brown. OML, Camden caught a pass. Great come back by Brown.
- Defense brought 6 and get to Walker. Walker is built a bit like Tim Tebow. I'd like to see him live at some point to see if he can take damage and keep his feet.
- Walker scrambles for a few yards. Durka Durka blitzed again. Again, no clue how many tackles Walker coukd've broken.

End if 1st Quarter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News