ADVERTISEMENT

7 NFL head coach jobs opened this year, 0 African Americans have been hired yet

A

anon_xdkqbpnrbtnct

Chargers : Fired Anthony Lynn, Hired Brandon Staley
Falcons: Fired Dan Quinn, Finished season with Raheem Morris, Hired Arthur Smith
Eagles: Fired Doug Pederson, Hired Nick Sirianni
Jaguars: Fired Doug Marrone, Hired Urban Meyer
Detroit Lions: Fired Matt Patricia, HIred Dan Campbell
Jets: Fired Adam Gase, Hired Robert Saleh
Texans: Fired Bill o Brien, Finished season with Romeo Crennel, Hired ???

# of African American coaches that finished the season for their team on this list: 3
# of African American coaches hired: 0

I'm not agitating or offering commentary here, I'm genuinely interested in this.

Several of these hires I'm not sure I would be ok if they got the job at Auburn.

Falcons: Fired Dan Quinn, Finished season with Raheem Morris, Hired Arthur Smith

# of African American coaches that finished the season for their team on this list: 3

I'm not agitating or offering commentary here, I'm genuinely interested in this.

Several of these hires I'm not sure I would be ok if they got the job at Auburn.
Love me some Mike Tomlin... Surely there are more STUDS like that!

Love me some Mike Tomlin... Surely there are more STUDS like that!

Tomlin is a helluva head coach.

I am very surprised at this, especially after the 2020 offseason. They're not even promoting AA to coordinator positions right now (though all positions aren't full yet).

Reactions: dqstyle
Should teams have to hire based on skin color or is it ok to just hire who they want? I don’t think in 2021 teams are bypassing minority candidates simply because they are minorities...but others may disagree.

Also, you should have started this thread in Dear Diary or PoRe because it ain’t gonna last..

What you trying to say?

Should teams have to hire based on skin color or is it ok to just hire who they want? I don’t think in 2021 teams are bypassing minority candidates simply because they are minorities...but others may disagree.

Also, you should have started this thread in Dear Diary or PoRe because it ain’t gonna last..

I dont GAF its just interesting to point out. The NFL just went through about 9 months of raising their fist in solidarity with each other and then when the rubber meets the road they hired this guy

usatsi_11529670-1.jpg

I dont GAF its just interesting to point out. The NFL just went through about 9 months of raising their fist in solidarity with each other and then when the rubber meets the road they hired this guy

usatsi_11529670-1.jpg
Seriously man? I’m a fan of your work but this is fvcking dumb shit. Ugh.

This has been talked about for years and in college for Head Coaches it's bad too. Honestly it's a tragedy. Back in the day it was hard for an African American to get the QB job but this has changed tremendously. The only answer is it's racism and hopefully will change as the QB position has changed some in a favorable way. Thanks for bringing this up. I can only do my small part ( since I'm not a super rich person ) and not be racist and love people no matter what color the color of their skin!!! WDE!

We lost the Redskins too and no one has been hired to represent the 4% of Asian/Pacific Islander/Hispanic players.

Reactions: jjchiare

I'm not agitating or offering commentary here,

Let's point out that one of the defenses of not hiring black coaches is that they do not call plays. The Eagles just hired a guy who has NEVER called plays in the NFL.

There is always a reason given, and it is never satisfying. It's racism. Straight up.

This has been talked about for years and in college for Head Coaches it's bad too. Honestly it's a tragedy. Back in the day it was hard for an African American to get the QB job but this has changed tremendously. The only answer is it's racism and hopefully will change as the QB position has changed some in a favorable way. Thanks for bringing this up. I can only do my small part ( since I'm not a super rich person ) and not be racist and love people no matter what color the color of their skin!!! WDE!

I'm not sure what to think of it. I'm not editorializing because I have no skin in that game. I don't think they're racists but with the eyes of the world watching its odd to me that they're kind of copying the playbook from years past. (This coach has touched the hem of this successful coaches garment for a year or two, therefore he must be great)

Let's point out that one of the defenses of not hiring black coaches is that they do not call plays. The Eagles just hired a guy who has NEVER called plays in the NFL.

There is always a reason given, and it is never satisfying. It's racism. Straight up.

original thoughts please, not stuff ripped off from that YahooSports writer

LOL! As predictable as the Sun rising in the East........You need to get laid more.

These are private companies. Why are people in this thread trying to tell these private companies how to run their business?? First we try to tell private companies ON THEIR OWN PLATFORM who to not censor and now we tell them who to hire. Shameful!

ADVERTISEMENT