ADVERTISEMENT

7 NFL head coach jobs opened this year, 0 African Americans have been hired yet

Chargers : Fired Anthony Lynn, Hired Brandon Staley
Falcons: Fired Dan Quinn, Finished season with Raheem Morris, Hired Arthur Smith
Eagles: Fired Doug Pederson, Hired Nick Sirianni
Jaguars: Fired Doug Marrone, Hired Urban Meyer
Detroit Lions: Fired Matt Patricia, HIred Dan Campbell
Jets: Fired Adam Gase, Hired Robert Saleh
Texans: Fired Bill o Brien, Finished season with Romeo Crennel, Hired ???

# of African American coaches that finished the season for their team on this list: 3
# of African American coaches hired: 0

I'm not agitating or offering commentary here, I'm genuinely interested in this.

Several of these hires I'm not sure I would be ok if they got the job at Auburn.
IGAF what someone looks like or who their great great great grandad was.... is the suggestion that owner are not picking the best leader to run their teams?

I'm not sure what to think of it. I'm not editorializing because I have no skin in that game. I don't think they're racists but with the eyes of the world watching its odd to me that they're kind of copying the playbook from years past. (This coach has touched the hem of this successful coaches garment for a year or two, therefore he must be great)
if the players really cared about this subject then they would sit out the championship games this weekend which could lead to the delay or cancellation of the Super Bowl. If they don’t really care then they will just shut up and dribble like the NBA did and go on being millionaires from playing a child’s sport.

The only thing that the Rooney Rule guarantees for minority coaches is an interview. If it were up to me, I would have hired Eric Bienemy as HC for the falcons but apparently, he was terrible in the interview. I personally call bvllshit on that sentiment but it is what it is.
How in the fvck do you know if he sucked in that interview. Feel like I’m taking crazy pills. You will blindly call me racist just like @S-Town Enthusiast taco guy is doing so whatevs. Smh.

if the players really cared about this subject then they would sit out the championship games this weekend which could lead to the delay or cancellation of the Super Bowl. If they don’t really care then they will just shut up and dribble like the NBA did and go on being millionaires from playing a child’s sport.
Lol, imagine thinking that the only way to "really care" about something is to forfeit your livelihood for it. If that were actually the case, I have a strong feeling that you would suddenly lack conviction in any of your beliefs.

Last edited:
Heck, or just female coaches. Females make up 50% or more of the US. These decisions not to hire female HC’s just oozes of sexism...
Thank you. So dumb. Majority don’t care but talk shit like we all make the choice on purpose. Be better. Fvck

Heck, or just female coaches. Females make up 50% or more of the US. These decisions not to hire female HC’s just oozes of sexism...
Agree. How many transgenders have been considered for the TN job?
NE blazed that trail...
10845284-6796185-image-m-95_1552326608738.jpg

Reactions: WDamn
My background is Asian (Vietnamese). I came to America with my brother and sister during the Vietnam war. I never understood this mindset of hiring an individual based on race instead of merit. I have always avoided these types of men that use the language "my people" or " as a black man" or "as a asian man." I had many friends (mainly minorities) growing up in Alabama tell me this country would keep me down because I "looked different." I quickly found that those friends only saw race instead of taking accountability for themselves. I didnt start speaking English until I arrived here at age 13. I now have my own business and employees from various backgrounds but not once, did I ever hire anyone with ethnicity being a determinate. The fact that this is a narrative that seems to dominate the headlines in this country still disappoints me. Some people may look at me and see an asian man, but I have always referred to myself as a American and I'm so grateful and proud to be one. Any individual that plays football for a school or professionally that thinks they cant relate to their coach because he doesn't look like them has their self-worth and life priorities built from the wrong foundation.

My background is Asian (Vietnamese). I came to America with my brother and sister during the Vietnam war. I never understood this mindset of hiring an individual based on race instead of merit.

I'm, personally, with you on this. But its worth pointing out because it is an actual thing.

Reactions: dqstyle
How in the fvck do you know if he sucked in that interview. Feel like I’m taking crazy pills. You will blindly call me racist just like @S-Town Enthusiast taco guy is doing so whatevs. Smh.

I don't believe he screwed up the interview but that was the notion by reporters. What does being racist have to do with it? Lol not that i'm calling you one.

Reactions: anon_xdkqbpnrbtnct

What the fuk are you talking about man? Stop projecting your problems and get a life.

Reactions: dqstyle

People are passionate

My background is Asian (Vietnamese). I came to America with my brother and sister during the Vietnam war. I never understood this mindset of hiring an individual based on race instead of merit. I have always avoided these types of men that use the language "my people" or " as a black man" or "as a asian man." I had many friends (mainly minorities) growing up in Alabama tell me this country would keep me down because I "looked different." I quickly found that those friends only saw race instead of taking accountability for themselves. I didnt start speaking English until I arrived here at age 13. I now have my own business and employees from various backgrounds but not once, did I ever hire anyone with ethnicity being a determinate. The fact that this is a narrative that seems to dominate the headlines in this country still disappoints me. Some people may look at me and see an asian man, but I have always referred to myself as a American and I'm so grateful and proud to be one. Any individual that plays football for a school or professionally that thinks they cant relate to their coach because he doesn't look like them has their self-worth and life priorities built from the wrong foundation.

Post more.

Sad the women analyst isn’t getting an interview since we are now requiring equality and all in lieu of best available candidates

Last edited:
Reactions: ercxi
I mean...it's 7 people...and while there is a lack of minority HCs in the NFL...that alone is a pretty small sample size.

That's 20% of the head coaching positions rotating that is pretty not insignificant.

However, this is a major issue in the NFL right now. Something that powerful people consider important. It's interesting to me that owners and the league consider this something unimportant.

Falcons: Fired Dan Quinn, Finished season with Raheem Morris, Hired Arthur Smith

# of African American coaches that finished the season for their team on this list: 3

I'm not agitating or offering commentary here, I'm genuinely interested in this.

Several of these hires I'm not sure I would be ok if they got the job at Auburn.
Definitely white supremacy, the bastards!

Reactions: WDamn

Freddie Kitchens has been a NFL head coach. Maybe the people making the decisions for some of these teams are idiots.

FTR, I’d hire Eric Bienemy immediately. Also think Anthony Lynn needs another shot.

This argument isn’t sound unless you believe white dudes are smarter/better leaders than black dudes...
The whole argument is dumb. You just proved the point. Black guys are better at that position. White dudes are better at others. Fin

Let's point out that one of the defenses of not hiring black coaches is that they do not call plays. The Eagles just hired a guy who has NEVER called plays in the NFL.

There is always a reason given, and it is never satisfying. It's racism. Straight up.
You actually think NFL teams give a shit what color someone is born.They care about winning.If they cared about hiring just white people the league would have more white running backs and corners.Maybe I am naive but I don’t think they go into the hiring process thinking we are only hiring whites.I know as a fan I don’t care.Just win baby.

Reactions: johntodd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT