ADVERTISEMENT

2 shot 1 dead at Huffman hs

My daughter's car was stolen out of our driveway all the way across town from Huffman hs by a student there. He rented it out for $40 day to kids at Huffman hs. When recovered, it was full of bullet holes and weed

Place is a zoo
How in the hell does one go about renting out a stolen car? You would think one of the dumb asses that was driving it around would've gotten stopped at some point.

My daughter's car was stolen out of our driveway all the way across town from Huffman hs by a student there. He rented it out for $40 day to kids at Huffman hs. When recovered, it was full of bullet holes and weed

Place is a zoo
TRUMP said “Huffman HS is a sh*thole

Reactions: AUbruce
They keep this up, the city will put in a Top Golf across the street.
tenor.gif

When you grow up in poverty with no one around you in your family that cares about you enough to set a good example what else can be expected? We are not born with a moral compass, it’s taught to us as we age, yet we see kids in these situations, do nothing, then expect them to be normal citizens as adults? Please explain the logic? Instead of complaining or making fun of a problem why not get off your high horse and try to help?

How in the hell does one go about renting out a stolen car? You would think one of the dumb asses that was driving it around would've gotten stopped at some point.
That kid has a bright future working the fry pit at Mc Donalds

No idea where Huffman HS is, but I’ll take a stab (no pun intended). Birmingham...

Yes. It’s in B’ham. I graduated from there several decades ago. The demographics of that area have dramatically changed over those years. There was another shooting a while back where somebody took a shot at a student who had been in a fight with the shooter’s younger brother. Injury wasn’t serious IIRC.

Unfortunately in this case a female student lost her life and another is fighting for hers. According to reports it’s looking like a male student was showing off his gun as school was dismissing and “accidentally” shot the two girls. Then he shot himself in the abdomen sticking the gun back in his pants. An adult staff member was injured but it doesn’t look as if he was shot. The girl that was killed was 17, almost 18, and had been accepted to college. Just a tragic loss of life because some dickhead has to show off a gun.

Last edited:
They keep this up, the city will put in a Top Golf across the street.
Disagree. Only a genius would put such an establishment next door to a Rally’s. The one down the street closed years ago so it’s disqualified.

Edit: I’ve been told it’s still open. So maybe there’s a chance!

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_xdkqbpnrbtnct
Yes. It’s in B’ham. I graduated from there several decades ago. The demographics of that area have dramatically changed over those years. There was another shooting a while back where somebody took a shot at a student who had been in a fight with the shooter’s younger brother. Injury wasn’t serious IIRC.

Unfortunately in this case a female student lost her life and another is fighting for hers. According to reports it’s looking like a male student was showing off his gun as school was dismissing and “accidentally” shot the two girls. Then he shot himself in the abdomen sticking the gun back in his pants. An adult staff member was injured but it doesn’t look as if he was shot. The girl that was killed was 17, almost 18, and had been accepted to college. Just a tragic loss of life because some dickhead has to show off a gun.

How does one accidentally shoot two different people? One bullet hit both, or was he that inept and actually accidentally shot two different people with separate rounds

Reactions: Big Blue
When you grow up in poverty with no one around you in your family that cares about you enough to set a good example what else can be expected? We are not born with a moral compass, it’s taught to us as we age, yet we see kids in these situations, do nothing, then expect them to be normal citizens as adults? Please explain the logic? Instead of complaining or making fun of a problem why not get off your high horse and try to help?
Are you saying that these people don’t know that crime is wrong? Yeah, I’m not buying that.

I was across the street as this was unfolding. I heard the shooter signed with Clemson (football)

I’m not saying they don’t know crime is wrong obviously. The human condition is such that 80-90% of people emulate what they witness as children. I grew up in East Lake/Roebuck but I had people who loved me and taught me what was right and wrong, showed me I didn’t have to be a product of my circumstance. I still have family there and some of my family teaches at Martha Gaston Elementary, a school that feeds to Huffman HS. A few years ago a former student of one of theirs died at age 12, his mother had Gangster In Peace wrote on his headstone and when former teachers of his attended the funeral everyone was wearing red and repping bloods... including his mother and grandparents! What I’m asking is simple, how can you expect any other outcome for this kid other than prison or death? It’s a damn shame that these kids are failed by literally everyone. Their families don’t care, the school system is awful, and those around them who love just a few miles away with access to every resource do absolutely nothing to help them, yet are the first to make a joke or have something negative to say when something truly horrific and heartbreaking happens.

Reactions: Big Blue
That kid has a bright future working the fry pit at Mc Donalds

McDonalds? That dude just created s cheaper version of Uber and Lyft. That cat will own a bunch of McDonalds as a tax deduction. That right their is business and he was smart, cheap, and innovative whilst being illegal. Lots of Fortune 500’s top qualities.

Reactions: aurugby92
How does one accidentally shoot two different people? One bullet hit both, or was he that inept and actually accidentally shot two different people with separate rounds

I wondered the same thing myself. I guess the gun might have had a hare trigger and maybe the first shot or the recoil from it caused him to fire again. Current reports are he then accidentally shot himself sticking the gun in his waistband.

Place is a zoo
Mwmy6.gif

I’m not saying they don’t know crime is wrong obviously. The human condition is such that 80-90% of people emulate what they witness as children. I grew up in East Lake/Roebuck but I had people who loved me and taught me what was right and wrong, showed me I didn’t have to be a product of my circumstance. I still have family there and some of my family teaches at Martha Gaston Elementary, a school that feeds to Huffman HS. A few years ago a former student of one of theirs died at age 12, his mother had Gangster In Peace wrote on his headstone and when former teachers of his attended the funeral everyone was wearing red and repping bloods... including his mother and grandparents! What I’m asking is simple, how can you expect any other outcome for this kid other than prison or death? It’s a damn shame that these kids are failed by literally everyone. Their families don’t care, the school system is awful, and those around them who love just a few miles away with access to every resource do absolutely nothing to help them, yet are the first to make a joke or have something negative to say when something truly horrific and heartbreaking happens.
People who aren't willing to help themselves first can not be helped.

People who aren't willing to help themselves first can not be helped.
These are kids man... kids. You can make all the excuses you want but we shouldn’t be giving up on kids. Most of the posts here are making it seem like the people involved in this tragedy and the kids at Huffman in general are less a person than the people here. I’d bet most people in the day he lived would have said Paul was a pretty crappy dude... yet he wrote the most books in the Bible. Jesus died for everyone and asked us “above all things” to love one another as he loved us.

Well, unless you are advocating people taking unfit parents kids from them at very young ages, I don’t see this ever changing. Excuses will change nothing and programs for people who don’t want help will change nothing...

Wow, must have been semi-auto and had one already chambered for the trigger to be that light.

Update: only 2 were shot. It had been reported earlier that 2 girls and the male shooter had been shot and one of the girls died on the way to the hospital. It was just one girl. The boy was taken into custody for questioning after he was released from the hospital.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT