ADVERTISEMENT

🏈 The search for a Future QB (2025)🏈

crococile22

CALL ME "CROCKY POO"
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2019
One thing ive been looking at recently in terms of "transfer portal success" is how many snaps (particularly snaps as a freshman) a qb has taken before transferring

main reason i thought of this was the success of bo nix. imo it was crucial for bo's success at oregon to have as much experience as he did while starting at auburn early

so i charted out fr year snaps (discounting true freshman snaps if they ended up redshirting) + sophomore snaps of the pff's top 15 qbs on offense for past 4 years

rtXBR7H.png

so pretty noticeable trend, most are having major snaps by their sophomore year before jumping to top 15 status. theres a couple udnerclassman that rise to the top but most are just experienced guys who got snaps early. outliers = carson beck, stetson bennett, jake haener, malik willis, and kyle trask

gonna be keeping track of this through the season but if one of these 3 qbs are the future or 2025 qb signee is the future, they probably need to be getting signifcant snaps by redshirt freshman year and definately by sophomore seasn the majority of snaps- probably worth cutting ties with holden (no shock) or maybe even hank if theyre not getting playtime this year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.