ADVERTISEMENT

🏀Post "DRAFT WITHDRAWAL" SEC roster assessment🏀

crococile22

CALL ME "CROCKY POO"
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2019
now that the deadlines passed, here's where SEC rosters sit atm

did a breakdown of this earlier in the portal window in the megathread. but imo 3.5 PRPG (player replacement points per game, complicated but useful stat) generally has a 85% hit rate among portal players.

tldr: THEYRE GENERALLY PRETTY GOOD

2.5-3.5 PRPG was a 50% hit rate, so pretty much coinflip players (FOR EXAMPLE- denver jones was in this range. was a good player, but took a while to adapt to the league/new team)

chart is heavily biased against freshman, i think it takes em longer nowadays to adapt to college cause theyre playin against 37 year olds with multiple covid years

v0hkoSK.png

anyways here's how it shook out

theres still teams trying to add some players (COACH CAL SAID arky is lookin to add anotha stud, THEY GONNA NEED IT)

sec is pretty loaded tbh

most teams have about 7 guys in or above the "PLAYS BASKETBALL" category

2 "POTENTIAL STUDS" is probably gonna get you in the top half of the league

some surprising notes/obvservations:

-ole miss has the most "POTENTIAL STUDS" with 5 now that murrell is returning. they got a chance to be dangerous

-south carolina is probbly gonna struggle. massive hole at the 5 and most of their studs left to better programs/ran out of eligibility

-i really like texas as a sleaper to win the conference. their starting 7 is really good

-vandy coach has done a pretty damn good job with vandy level resources

"CROCKY POO's TOP 5 post nba deadline"

in no particular order = bama, auburn, ole miss, texas, tennessee

-i kinda want to put miss st up there cause their guards are so good though. floridas first 7 is pretty good too but the depth is concernin + handlogtens injury might hurt em

"CROCKY POO's BOTTOM 5 rosters post nba deadline"

-no particular order = UGA, LSU, OU, mizzou, USCe

-debating wether to put arky in there but they probably will add a stud PF soon. rumor is the illinois kid askin for 2mill NIL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News