ADVERTISEMENT

Washington St. fired due to refusing to get

If you are talking about the Sinovac vaccine, I believe it was only about 50% effective. If that isn't what you are talking about, a cite would be useful. Regardless, I think you are completely wrong that it is about getting people a proven option that we KNOW is completely safe. The bottom line was getting effective vaccines in place as fast as possible to try and stop people from dying. That was what it was about and the mRNA (and J&J) vaccines were faster for that. Yes, we should have had "traditional" versions too, but they have been working on those too. They just haven't progressed as quickly. Maybe part of that was due to less need for them because other better options were available in the vaccines that are in use now. I don't necessarily disagree with you that maybe they should have hustled those to market as fast as possible as well, but it isn't certain that would have made a significant difference in vaccine hesitancy. Other factors are involved. But, yeah, it probably was worth pushing for it.

I'm just saying that I believe that China had classical vaccine ready, on pretty much the same timelines. I know they weren't without a vaccine for 9 months after we delivered our mRNA's under the EUA last December/Jan.

In addition, you are only listing the lowest of the low in the range of results from tests done in several countries. Most of the studies/data differed from country to country, and sorry to go into broken record mode again, but I would not be surprised at all if we are not trading super strong LOCAL and specific immunological responses to the new vaccines based on the spike protein alone, for better OVERALL, and general responses to the entire family of COVID viruses including variants. I certainly could be DEAD WRONG, but that's my current position. Therefore, I'm not really worried if one country reports a 65%-73% efficacy rate for the Chinese classical based vaccines, (IF it means that I'm better protected OVERALL). I also wouldn't be on our scientists being able to better their rates using classical technology.

You are correct that there's no guarantee that it would have boosted our vaccination rates, but as always, I'm only trying to think outside of the box and come up with a creative solution that has potential to help save lives. I think it's viable and worth the effort, but as I was just telling Stomp, we might have already screwed the pooch on that one given how shady we've gone about managing this pandemic. We may have lost folks trust for good, (i.e. especially the more skeptical hold-out types).

Great. They can find a company that doesn’t mandate them. Silliest shit I’ve ever witnessed.
Silly to you. Others vehemently disagree. That is where we are in present day America. I am vaccinated. My whole family is vaccinated. I have no problems with the vaccines and think almost everybody should get them. However, there is simply no reason for mandating them at this point.

If this were solely about health or science, at the very least a previous positive COVID test or a positive antibody test would be as good as a vax card. It is an undeniable fact that either of these is as useful for demonstrating immunity to COVID as the vaccine. Because of this, I sympathize with those who refuse to comply. Sure, they can get another job. They shouldn't have to because forcing them to vaccinate is silly.

I'm just saying that I believe that China had classical vaccine ready, on pretty much the same timelines. I know they weren't without a vaccine for 9 months after we delivered our mRNA's under the EUA last December/Jan.

In addition, you are only listing the lowest of the low in the range of results from tests done in several countries. Most of the studies/data differed from country to country, and sorry to go into broken record mode again, but I would not be surprised at all if we are not trading super strong LOCAL and specific immunological responses to the new vaccines based on the spike protein alone, for better OVERALL, and general responses to the entire family of COVID viruses including variants. I certainly could be DEAD WRONG, but that's my current position. Therefore, I'm not really worried if one country reports a 65%-73% efficacy rate for the Chinese classical based vaccines, (IF it means that I'm better protected OVERALL). I also wouldn't be on our scientists being able to better their rates using classical technology.

You are correct that there's no guarantee that it would have boosted our vaccination rates, but as always, I'm only trying to think outside of the box and come up with a creative solution that has potential to help save lives. I think it's viable and worth the effort, but as I was just telling Stomp, we might have already screwed the pooch on that one given how shady we've gone about managing this pandemic. We may have lost folks trust for good, (i.e. especially the more skeptical hold-out types).
Again, feel free to cite evidence for any of what you are asserting here, but most of it isn't anything I am debating. It is a simple fact that the mRNA (and J&J) COVID vaccines were produced much more quickly than the traditional versions. That alone is a good reason why they might have been preferred or pushed. If there are other tinfoil hat reasons, one would need to provide evidence for that. However, as I have already noted multiple times now, I don't disagree that it could have been a positive to have pushed the traditional ones harder to provide an option or comfort level for some who may be vaccine hesitant for that reason. So feel free to stop beating a dead horse.

Silly to you. Others vehemently disagree. That is where we are in present day America. I am vaccinated. My whole family is vaccinated. I have no problems with the vaccines and think almost everybody should get them. However, there is simply no reason for mandating them at this point.

If this were solely about health or science, at the very least a previous positive COVID test or a positive antibody test would be as good as a vax card. It is an undeniable fact that either of these is as useful for demonstrating immunity to COVID as the vaccine. Because of this, I sympathize with those who refuse to comply. Sure, they can get another job. They shouldn't have to because forcing them to vaccinate is silly.

No, that’s where nut jobs are in present day America.

Neither of the guys I mentioned are nut jobs. Stable, family guys with high IQs and very high-paying jobs. Their respective companies absolutely will be harmed if they lose them as employees. Not all of the folks refusing to vax are nut jobs. Plenty of people who think differently from you consider people like you to be the nut jobs. Which again, is where we are in America. At the very least, we used to all be able to at least agree to live at peace with each other and mostly leave each other alone in this country. If you didn't like how someone else lives or believes, oh well. Now, not so much. The more the subgroups stomp on each other, the more the other subgroups eventually stomp back. Then around and round we go until we are all forked.

3Yap-T.gif

Neither of the guys I mentioned are nut jobs. Stable, family guys with high IQs and very high-paying jobs. Their respective companies absolutely will be harmed if they lose them as employees. Not all of the folks refusing to vax are nut jobs. Plenty of people who think differently from you consider people like you to be the nut jobs. Which again, is where we are in America. At the very least, we used to all be able to at least agree to live at peace with each other and mostly leave each other alone in this country. If you didn't like how someone else lives or believes, oh well. Now, not so much. The more the subgroups stomp on each other, the more the other subgroups eventually stomp back. Then around and round we go until we are all forked.

No, they aren’t nut jobs but they are FOS. Neither will quit. They are political and just want to vent. Big talkers. And yes, we are screwed with people watching conspiracies on tv nightly. It’s brainwashing.

If I didn't make the excuses, don't list them in response to me, or be clear that I wasn't one of the ones using what you consider to be a BS excuse.

Again, my point is all these are bs excuses including the mRNA bs.

Again, feel free to cite evidence for any of what you are asserting here, but most of it isn't anything I am debating. It is a simple fact that the mRNA (and J&J) COVID vaccines were produced much more quickly than the traditional versions. That alone is a good reason why they might have been preferred or pushed. If there are other tinfoil hat reasons, one would need to provide evidence for that. However, as I have already noted multiple times now, I don't disagree that it could have been a positive to have pushed the traditional ones harder to provide an option or comfort level for some who may be vaccine hesitant for that reason. So feel free to stop beating a dead horse.

Good grief man. I'm simply replying to YOUR continued posts, with some good points that I feel provide a bit of insight and context to points that you made. Therefore, I'm not beating a dead horse.

Also, did you really use IQ and success as reasons somebody isn’t a nut job.

No, they aren’t nut jobs but they are FOS. Neither will quit. They are political and just want to vent. Big talkers. And yes, we are screwed with people watching conspiracies on tv nightly. It’s brainwashing.
I am not sure whether either of these guys will quit. I think one of them eventually will get vaccinated. I hope both do. Neither of them have a financial need that forces them to submit. I fully expect one of them not to get vaccinated to see if the company will fire him. If they do, he would have another job within a week making more money at some different company that not only would be glad to pay him but would wish they had a half dozen more just like him. Neither are conspiracy theorists and you know nothing about them and are just FOS and venting/big talking yourself. As usual.

I am not sure whether either of these guys will quit. I think one of them eventually will get vaccinated. I hope both do. Neither of them have a financial need that forces them to submit. I fully expect one of them not to get vaccinated to see if the company will fire him. If they do, he would have another job within a week making more money at some different company that not only would be glad to pay him but would wish they had a half dozen more just like him. Neither are conspiracy theorists and you know nothing about them and are just FOS and venting/big talking yourself. As usual.

If they don’t get it and give up a job they value, they are definitely nut jobs. It seems one won’t and the other doesn’t care about his job. Typical.

No, those were two reasons you gave that they weren’t nut jobs. Those two mean nothing on that front.
No, they weren't. But as usual, you roll into ad hominem when presented with reality that conflicts with your personal worldview and when discussion doesn't go the way you would like. So kerryon.

Reactions: au4life_rz
No, they weren't. But as usual, you roll into ad hominem when presented with reality that conflicts with your personal worldview and when discussion doesn't go the way you would like. So kerryon.

Lol. You’re so FOS.

“Neither of the guys I mentioned are nut jobs. Stable, family guys with high IQs and very high-paying jobs. “

I know several folks who are NOT financially sound, who have struggled to high heaven with the decision. One, in NYC, is close to retirement and would have to give up 30+ years of employment, benefits etc., and she was really torn up. Got her Pastor to sign an exemption, and they wouldn't accept that either. If they give up their jobs, they are SCREWED so it's pretty much that they are straight FORCED to take on more risk than they are comfortable with, and take the new/novel vaccines.

Folks in this position have pretty much everything to lose, and if they refuse, they will take a huge financial and economic stability hit. It's hard to understand how folks who claim to care about people could not have ANY empathy whatsoever. I just hope that we do the right thing and get another classical option out there ASAP.

Coming from the party that wouldn't take the vaccine until they won office

I know several folks who are NOT financially sound, who have struggled to high heaven with the decision. One, in NYC, is close to retirement and would have to give up 30+ years of employment, benefits etc., and she was really torn up. Got her Pastor to sign an exemption, and they wouldn't accept that either. If they give up their jobs, they are SCREWED so it's pretty much that they are straight FORCED to take on more risk than they are comfortable with, and take the new/novel vaccines.

Folks in this position have pretty much everything to lose, and if they refuse, they will take a huge financial and economic stability hit. It's hard to understand how folks who claim to care about people could not have ANY empathy whatsoever. I just hope that we do the right thing and get another classical option out there ASAP.

Lol. It’s a Fvcking fda approved vaccine. Fvcking nut jobs.

Reactions: SigBitty
Lol. It’s a Fvcking fda approved vaccine. Fvcking nut jobs.

Well, you are really spewing some wisdom now Stomp. You should go around telling everyone that if it's FDA approved, it's 100% guaranteed to be perfect. It's also no longer new, and we now have data from all phases of the life-cycle so that we can do real science to confirm that it's 100% effective, and 100% safe.

I'm going to see if the FDA will approve some hay and poo bricks that I have and turn them into gold. That's what their approval does. It perfects everything. ;) 😜[/sarcasm]

Last edited:
Well, you are really spewing some wisdom now Stomp. You should go around telling everyone that if it's FDA approved, it's 100% guaranteed to be perfect. It's also no longer new, and we now have data from all phases of the life-cycle so that we can do real science to confirm that it's 100% effective, and 100% safe.

I'm going to see if the FDA will approve some hay and poo bricks that I have and turn them into gold. That's what their approval does. It perfects everything. ;) 😜

GTFO with this 100% safe bs. That’s not why I people aren’t taking it.

It's ridiculous that anyone is losing their job over getting to decide what's best for themselves. And with the usual exemptions for the elites it's total hypocrisy as well. I hope the WSU players walk out and tell the administration to FO. Good to see SW Airlines back off since it appears there was going to be a massive walkout.

Shut it down. Threads over. I thought we had gone off the rails before, but this is new territory. What in the ever loving fvck did I just read? Fauci financed and created COVID? Hoooooo boy…black helicopters and everything!
He HELPED, meaning his money helped to support not only the development of Covid, but the gain-of-function (means they, Wuhan Labs and others, experimented with the developed virus to see what else they could do with it, as in weaponizing it.) One more thing and I will stop. A story broke over the weekend of the NIH’s (when you see NIH, that is Fauci) use of dogs (specifically Beagles) for some of their experiments. I will not describe to you what they did with animals, but you should find it and read it. This is not Black Ops stuff, this is info out there for you to find. And it is real world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT