ADVERTISEMENT

On Hugh Freeze

TIGERWILD34

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
Hugh was my choice. I couldn’t be more excited for what he is already accomplishing for AU. More importantly I’m excited for Hugh as a man of God being able to write his redemption story at AU.

You seen when a man professes and honor his God as Hugh does it’s like people can’t wait to see that guy falter. Some take enjoyment in it. Not because they are bad people, they just don’t understand it and makes people uncomfortable at times. It’s sad all the around really. Some people are bad and just hateful. They will use it against him the rest of his life no matter how clean he lives now.

Better men of God have fallen then Hugh and myself. It was terribly embarrassing when I fell and my life is pretty private, I cannot imagine what he went through.A public fall in front of the whole college football world and the whole church world.
Sometimes that’s worse. Some people of God (or they claim to be) will judge more then the non believers . It had to tear him apart inside just the embarrassment of knowing your family and friends know. but you know that you also dishonored God by your actions. I know when I fall it’s one thing to make me look bad but i take it much more serious when I as a man of God I make him look bad. People will say see that isn’t real, he professes God but I heard he did this. Man I feel for anyone who falls because I’ve did it so often. I’ve did it on this board a lot over the last few years.

I say all that to say THIS.

The greatest thing about a fall is when we get back up , grab our cross again and say God you know the hurt and embarrassment I’ve caused you and I, but today I’m going to do my best to be better. It’s a daily renewing of our mind and spirit that we need to guard ourselves from the sin in this world. So that we don’t partake in it.

We all have heard the word Grace. I’ve heard Hugh say it a lot. But do we really know what grace is??
Grace is undeserved favor of God. Not because we are better or more deserving then anyone else. God will give anyone Grace when we ask for it. Think of the thief on the cross for example. He did nothing his whole life to live for God as far as we know. Yet he said “ father forgive me, make me clean and whole. Right there and then hanging on a cross beside Jesus at the end of his life he received the blessing of Heaven for all eternity.

So I challenge you believers on this board to lift Hugh up daily in our prayer life’s. Pray that Gods angels guards him way from the temptation that comes with the popularity and the fame. Keeps him on the straight and narrow path.

I hope Hugh wins us multiple championships here but I pray that Hugh has to never face that embarrassment again and he gets to hug the neck and hear the words “ well done my good and faithful servant” from the one who sacrificed his own life for us.

War Eagle Bunk!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News