ADVERTISEMENT

Just got some good stuff from inside a Football practice

Docdumpsta

L.E.A. COMMISSIONER
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2014
Just ran into my buddy of mine who coaches high school football. He took one of his players down to an Auburn practice before spring break. He's been to a lot of college practices and said the experience was AMAZING. He said he's never seen a tighter ship run at practice. A couple notes.

Gus run 24 five minute sessions at this particular practice. The speed of the practice is ridiculous.

Started practice with Oklahoma drill (Freakin Love this part), shift to a 7 on 7 drill and then shift to a bubble screen blocking and defense action.

Loudest guy on the field was GARNER, not BOOM.

Paid a lot of attention to Grimes. Said the guy is a legend in teaching the O-Line. He said from what he saw, the BODIES are there at offensive line but the new kids need a lot of live reps. Said they are getting a ton of reps in practice.

This particular buddy of mine is not an Auburn fan. He's not an Alabama fan either. He's in another state so he doesn't pay attention to what we do very much. I say this because he did not know a lot of the individual players.

He did say Jeremy was sharp.

He said by far the most impressive guy on Staff was BOOM. Evidently there is an all out assault to get linebackers down to Auburn and Boom ain't afraid to shout it out.

Buddy a mine sat in Gus and BOOM's office at length and said they were both Great. BOOM has put an assload a guys in the NFL and that is made very very clear.

He said he and the player made the trip back and he was at a track meet and his phone went. It was one of the coaches saying get that kids Momma and Daddy down here PRONTO!!!!

Wish I had more individual player stuff, but again, my buddy doesn't know our roster all that well. He just said it was a RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING experience to watch a practice at Auburn. Could not believe the speed and organization that went into the 24 periods of 5 minutes a piece.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News