ADVERTISEMENT

ITT we learn about porchetta, Red Curry Porchetta 12/16/22 update

BinOBA

AYATOLLAH OF AREOLA
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
Parts unknown
This has become my Thanksgiving tradition. I do it to break the monotony of turkey and ham. A porchetta is a pork loin that has been heavily seasoned and wrapped in a pork belly. It's then roasted to an internal temp of 145 for 2 hours. Some folks use shoulders and such but a loin in a belly is the real deal. Here's the loin, cleaned of any fat.
WP_20151125_001_zpsdrrvlztf.jpg

Here's the loin and the belly. The loin has been rubbed and the belly has been smeared with a mixture of the rub(fennel and coriander seed with some crushed red pepper added, you sautee the fennel/coriander seed in a pan and they'll all start to sweat, the crushed pepper flakes will char before anything else and this is actually what you want) and a cup of ground garlic.
WP_20151125_005_zpszu9djfww.jpg

This is the loin and belly with a twine job to keep it all uniform.
InstagramCapture_b144c7e7-d965-4312-bd57-f4ee7186c5a6_zpsw7cttmml.jpg

The porchetta goes in the oven at 500 for 30 minutes to put a little crust on the belly fat.
WP_20151125_020_zps8ptoluib.jpg

The porchetta is now in the oven at 300, I will update with pics when it comes out. I figured a few of you may be into this since bacon and all. The next one I do will be a red curry porchetta.

I hope you are all lucky enough to share the holidays with loved ones. This is a tough time of year for lots of folks. I urge everyone to step outside their comfort zone a little this holiday season and try to do something for needy children or anyone you know that is in need. The Christmas you provide for a child might be the only semblance of a real Christmas they'll ever have. You never know how a much a small gesture by you can impact a child's or anyone else's life. Happy Thanksgiving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News