ADVERTISEMENT

It's the NYT, I know but pretty exhaustive look at Trump's foreign financial interests and conflicts

KilgoreTrout

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2001
hard to see how all of this just works itself out. I don't think he is mentally capable of separating business from government, even if he wanted to, it's in his DNA--particularly since he was/is betting on a lot of favors from political families in these "developing" nations to make his projects work. Interesting times ahead, I guess.

Eyebrow raising excerpt:
What is clear is that there has been very little division, in the weeks since the election, between Mr. Trump’s business interests and his transition effort, with the president-elect or his family greeting real estate partners from India and the Philippines in his office and Mr. Trump raising concerns about his golf course in Scotland with a prominent British politician. Mr. Trump’s daughter Ivanka, who is in charge of planning and development of the Trump Organization’s global network of hotels, has joined in conversations with at least three world leaders — of Turkey, Argentina and Japan — having access that could help her expand the brand worldwide.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/26/u...e-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News