ADVERTISEMENT

Beyond the joy of seeing our storm trooper white THE prime time game this wknd, W or L, who in here is simply elated to watch Hars & Co?

Eagle5

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2001
Birmingham, Alabama
Of course I wanna see Hars and our guys show out and pull the "W" on this allegedly "invincible" white out road environment. And I've got us doing just that, AU 27 PSU 17 (one defensive score by Smoke Monday, so really a defensive tilt, I don't expect the "over" which is 52.5 but as always, WTF do I know).

But mainly, I am impatient like a kid on Christmas Eve just to be able to sit back, relaxed, and take early season measure of the Hars & Co "process". To almost certainly no longer have to wince in awaited pain as to some sophomoric head coaching "move", or pointless panic to get 2nd down off fast "just because" HUNH comic book. And even if Hars makes a questionable judgment at some juncture as happens in the heat of battle, I fully expect the coaching plan and adjustments to be coherent and sync up with our strengths and the opponent's weaknesses. #Ball101

To see what's in store from this coaching staff whom I'm confident has some things set up, some games 1-2 tendencies to break at the expense of the PSU defensive game plan. How do Hars, Bobo, and Mason set up the plan, in-game risk taking, and tactics to offset the home field and advantages PSU has? What NEW looks do they reveal on both sides of the ball? Does Hars like to take risks on the road to level the playing field or steal a possession?

And to see how a bona fide, well groomed head coach and elite DC like Mason know how to brilliantly "mask" or reduce exposure of team liabilities, most especially a scenario in which Gus would too often ask Nix to throw on 3rd and impossible with 4+ receivers out on routes, or for that matter, Nix to throw 30+ times in a tough road environment.

Post game last Saturday (on the Review), Hars' most worthwhile statement to his team was, "let's just BE US, not some other team". It's the modern day reprise of the old coaching axiom, "dance with the one who brung you". And I find it to be a great deal of what most went south with Gus (if we must be limited to one folly), that between his ears, under pressure, he just couldn't ever quite decide who he was, and what systems and processes he would adhere to come hell or high water. i.e. He was, if it's not too harsh, beta when the stakes were high.

A mere 3 games into his increasingly hopeful Auburn tenure, Hars may not quite have all the parts in the drag racer calibrated perfectly, and we may fall in a tough one. I don't expect it. But I'm as confident as since the days of Dye that we have an alpha head coach, and he will never waver on his coaching and cultural beliefs as to what wins football games, and what he will demand of himself, the staff, and the whole team.

So for me at least, it's a rare chance to enjoy a big game with perfect chill, and just see what Hars has in store.

In others words, LFG beatches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News