ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone care to explain this one?

It has something to do with copyright issues. I, for one, am glad they don't allow it.
I'm not sure why you are happy about it. It Aubie is your mascot, isn't it good publicity for Auburn to have Corso put on his head when he picks you? Or do you like the mascot ambiguity? Seems your school's PR people aren't exactly on the ball.

I'm not sure why you are happy about it. It Aubie is your mascot, isn't it good publicity for Auburn to have Corso put on his head when he picks you? Or do you like the mascot ambiguity? Seems your school's PR people aren't exactly on the ball.
I don't see how letting Corso use the mascot head is going to generate any more publicity than is already being generated on Gameday. It has been that way since the Aubie character made his debut in 1979. But it does have something to do with copyright issues. The fact that Corso said that is the reason he will not pick Auburn to win actually speaks volumes about him doesn't it? It seems that the PR people have done okay by Aubie he has won several mascot of the year awards through the years. So I don't know what else they could do.

I don't see how letting Corso use the mascot head is going to generate any more publicity than is already being generated on Gameday. It has been that way since the Aubie character made his debut in 1979. But it does have something to do with copyright issues. The fact that Corso said that is the reason he will not pick Auburn to win actually speaks volumes about him doesn't it? It seems that the PR people have done okay by Aubie he has won several mascot of the year awards through the years. So I don't know what else they could do.
Why can't you Aubs play nice with others?

The irony of aubarn being worried about someone copying them.....

alabama-logo.gif

il_570xN.771178487_npe8.jpg

lsu_mike-hat-color-large.jpg

Auburn_Tiger_head_UA004.jpg

"Brace yourselves. Seriously. Sit down. I have some bad news for you. Are you ready?

The old Tiger head logo that Auburn has recently brought back to hats and t-shirts, the one I wrote about Missouri also using a few weeks ago, and the one that most Auburn fans call their favorite vintage logo…. yeah, according to this article, it was created by an Alabama graduate.

Wait, it gets worse.

Not only did he graduate from Alabama, but he created it for LSU before it came generic clip art for other teams that use a tiger mascot like Princeton, like Missouri, and yes, like Auburn. Talk about a double whammy."

http://www.warblogle.com/2012/02/29/miscellaneous/bad-news-on-the-origin-of-the-old-tiger-head-logo/

The irony of aubarn being worried about someone copying them.....

alabama-logo.gif

il_570xN.771178487_npe8.jpg

lsu_mike-hat-color-large.jpg

Auburn_Tiger_head_UA004.jpg

"Brace yourselves. Seriously. Sit down. I have some bad news for you. Are you ready?

The old Tiger head logo that Auburn has recently brought back to hats and t-shirts, the one I wrote about Missouri also using a few weeks ago, and the one that most Auburn fans call their favorite vintage logo…. yeah, according to this article, it was created by an Alabama graduate.

Wait, it gets worse.

Not only did he graduate from Alabama, but he created it for LSU before it came generic clip art for other teams that use a tiger mascot like Princeton, like Missouri, and yes, like Auburn. Talk about a double whammy."

http://www.warblogle.com/2012/02/29/miscellaneous/bad-news-on-the-origin-of-the-old-tiger-head-logo/
The OP has nothing to do with logos and decals. billy was talking about the use of a mascot head by Corso. As I said it has to do with copyrights for the mascot head.

I don't see how letting Corso use the mascot head is going to generate any more publicity than is already being generated on Gameday.

Well let's see: That could potentially mean that ESPN decides not to do Gameday on the location of any aubarn game. Even you must surely realize that having ESPN on campus hosting a Gameday outside Saban-Hare Stadium is a big boost to your Cow College.

So congrats on protecting your 'copyright'.

PS: You can always tell when the boogs are simply spouting talking points. nudbud has literally no idea what he is talking about here, that's why he can't explain his position. He's just repeating the talking point that another Cult member handed him. Repeat, and do not question the source LMAO!

Well let's see: That could potentially mean that ESPN decides not to do Gameday on the location of any aubarn game. Even you must surely realize that having ESPN on campus hosting a Gameday outside Saban-Hare Stadium is a big boost to your Cow College.

So congrats on protecting your 'copyright'.

PS: You can always tell when the boogs are simply spouting talking points. nudbud has literally no idea what he is talking about here, that's why he can't explain his position. He's just repeating the talking point that another Cult member handed him. Repeat, and do not question the source LMAO!
So if ESPN has a potential top 5 matchup available they would not send Gameday because of a dispute over a mascot head. Makes a lot of sense. I can't help it if my explanation does not fit your agenda.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT