ADVERTISEMENT

ADAG... Your Experiment has Failed, You Can Go Now

sjweagle

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2006
I’m an Auburn man whom for many years have proudly supported Auburn University. My wife and I raised two beautiful daughters and an awesome son to love Auburn and they graduated Auburn between ’08-’11. I have for years purchased 4 season tickets and plan to continue doing so. Over the years, we were astonished by how many fans were relegated to Gus Haters and found it amazing the level of hatred for this gent. We all expect a lot at Auburn and we all were frustrated with only 8-10 wins per season and Gus’ inability to consistently challenge Georgia, though Gus fared fairly well against Saban.

Yeah perhaps we needed a change but foolish it was to fire Gus without having a qualified big-name coach ready to step in ($1 to ole miss). When Auburn announced the hiring of little known Coach Harsin, most Auburn fans were like “WHO”? We were all hoping for the best with Harsin, after all… his success is Auburn’s success. However, an Auburn coach simply can’t lose our last five games of the season (4 during which auburn held leads and 3 during which Auburn held DOUBLE DIGIT leads) and expect the Auburn Fan Base to be supportive… but predictably some think the 5 consecutive losses were Gus’ fault.

It’s difficult to imagine a poorer coaching performance which led to the absolute embarrassment on Pat Dye Field November 13th at the hands of the mediocre Mississippi State Bulldogs. In reality, it’s likely Auburn would have won only 2-3 games last season had it not been for the individual efforts of Bo Nix. Yet many Auburn fans inexplicably bought into the group-think leading to embarrassing hatred for Bo Nix (and his family). Harsin clearly lost the confidence of Bo Nix a true Auburn ambassador and it’s a bit clearer now why Bo departed for Oregon where I wish him great success. For Bo’s sake, I’m somewhat glad he moved on but he and Patrick (yeah, his daddy) saw then what we now see and obviously others fled as well.

I personally don’t care if Harsin is fired; however, AD Greene et al placed him in a position within which his was poorly qualified and I’m not in favor of waiting a few years to see if this experiment works while exposing Auburn to the risk of becoming the next Tennessee for a decade or two. If TPB haven’t “cause” to fire Harsin, we need to pay him the buyout and move on to a SEC caliber coach, perhaps Hugh Freeze, Petrino. Urban, or any 4*+ head coach.

Unfortunately, yet predictably... this experiment has failed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News